The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ECU - TT Auto non VVTI

jackso11

Doesn’t fire on one cylinder at all, nothing coming down the wire. Took a back seat as I have been too busy with work but finally managed to look at it this week. Changed the wires to the coil, it’s had new spark plugs just in case, changed igniter. I did ring you about this last year when I first put the engine back in and you said you didn’t have any ecu’s then.

Swapped the ecu for one Scooter has let me borrow to test and the car runs fine.

I would guess it’s solder related as 1% of the time it starts and runs ok for a minute then drops off to 5 cylinders.

Hi Adam, I sold it to you 2 years ago. it was properly packaged so doubt it would have been damaged in transit. there was no issues with it at all as it came from a perfect car that was returned to fully stock to go to Sweden.

I remember you calling me about another issue that someone maybe put a jump pack on it the wrong way round? or touched terminals..... this can spike the ecu if that's the case.

Nobody put a jump pack on the wrong way around, I called you about it not running and said whifbitz had said it could possibly be the ecu or igniter (from chating to them on the phone). The car has been off the road for 5 years, the last 2 years has been purely because of this running issue which has now been confirmed to be the ecu at fault. I called you to say it’s either the ecu or the igniter and you said you didn’t have either in stock for me to try and I have been searching for one since, which you can see in my posts on here. Problem was I put a rebuilt engine in and changed the ecu at the same time and as you said the ecu was fine I presumed it must have been something else. I know you sold it too me 2 years ago but the car has done about 5 miles in that time just up and down the road here testing trying to get to the root of the problem...which has now been proven to be the ecu.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.