The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie with a rebuild

Ste-P-79

Hello to all,

Joined a while back but never posted. I picked up a crash damaged barely rolling shell middle of last year. Shes an original manual NA and apparently when the car was alive she was quite well known so if anyone has any info on what happened id appreciate it. Below should be some of how she used to look and how I bought her. Damage to the front meant she needed a new front clip, roof, rear NS quarter and drivers door/sill all saw impact so its taking a while to get her straight again.

I managed to pick up an is300 so will be swapping the vvti lump into her after its had a rebuild with forged rods, pistons, tt head gasket and single turbo kit, etc. Aiming for around 5-600 bhp and I had sourced a w58 at the same time but last night purchased an 6 speed bmw box and ordered a PMC adaptor and clutch kit so hoping that will be the better option.

I will have loads of questions throughout the build, mainly on wiring a vvti lump into a non vvti shell so apologies in advance.

Screenshot_20190126-201016_Gallery.jpg

welcome im pretty new myself but i am running a bmw 6 speed 330d box in my supra which i am currently working through the teething issues so hopefully we can help each other out with any issues we may come across thanks Ross

welcome im pretty new myself but i am running a bmw 6 speed 330d box in my supra which i am currently working through the teething issues so hopefully we can help each other out with any issues we may come across thanks Ross

Cheers buddy. I am still in the process of collecting all the parts together.

If you don't mind me asking what shifter and prop are you using? Are you still using the original starter with the flex plate?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the late reply i am using the original starter withe the flex plate the shifter is just an ebay e46 short shifter. The prop is proper bodged by the previous owner so i will probablly have bailey morris make a new one. To be honest at the moment i replaced the flywheel etc with all new kit and i have some seriouslly annoying rattling going on so im not impressed with the swap so im going to have to pull the gearbox of again as i think the noise in the clutch fork rattling hope that helps thanks Ross