The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front speaker mounts / brackets

swiftstu

Hi, I’m after some of the simple MDF brackets like those there are templates for on the forum. Long story short is it would be far more costly, and inconvenient for me to try and make them. Wondered if anyone had some made up I could buy?

Thanks

It's open for debate if the standard housings (pods) are better with a upgraded speaker installed in them. A few companies make adapting plates to put a better speaker inside the OEM speaker boxes. I think i will do this next time i have the doorcards off. I have the MDF brackets currently but think it might be a better sound with housings. Be interesting to hear other peoples views?

Ive literally just switched from some DIY MDF brackets back to the oem speaker pods with TB development adaptor rings and some nice pioneer 3 way speakers. Night and day difference and the door sounds much more solid, plus I still have the oem clip mounting you loose with the mdf ones. Something never felt right to me having wood in the door much happier now.

Ive literally just switched from some DIY MDF brackets back to the oem speaker pods with TB development adaptor rings and some nice pioneer 3 way speakers. Night and day difference and the door sounds much more solid, plus I still have the oem clip mounting you loose with the mdf ones. Something never felt right to me having wood in the door much happier now.

When you say OEM speaker pods, do you mean the housing currently on the door? Is that the pod? And you have mounted a ring on top of that to to allow a different speaker to be screwed in?

Sorry for the noob question, but I was wondering if I could just affix a ring on top to get past the 3 screw set up.

When you say OEM speaker pods, do you mean the housing currently on the door? Is that the pod? And you have mounted a ring on top of that to to allow a different speaker to be screwed in?

Sorry for the noob question, but I was wondering if I could just affix a ring on top to get past the 3 screw set up.

Yes mate that is correct, hopefully this will help....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?327772-Jakes-RZ-Supra-Build-Project-Thread-Officially-Sponsored/page58

Check out the most recent pager of my build thread and it should show you the process I have just finished with the car.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.