The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 RZ-S 6 speed facelift hks single turbo

Crash Bandicoot

Make/Model: TOYOTA SUPRA MK4 RZ-S

Year: 1997

Facelift: YES

Mileage: 72,000

MOT remaining: 15th OCTOBER 2019, WILL COME WITH NEW MOT.

Service history: FAIR AMOUNT OF PAPERWORK AND RECEIPTS

Car's location: PLYMOUTH, DEVON

Modifications:

U.K. Spec brakes, recently refurbished and painted white with new decals

UK spec drilled and grooved brake discs, recently fitted

Choice of:

19" Enkei shallen xf55 alloy wheels, fronts are spaced out 20mm with Direnza hubcentric spacers, I have a new pair of matching spacers for the rear, but arches will need rolling for these to be fitted.

These come with Yokohama Advan sport tyres, with more than half tread left all round fronts are 235/35/19 rears are 285/30/19

Or

19” Zito zz05 alloy wheels, brand new, they have seen less than 100 miles on the road. Brand new tyres all round fronts are Avon zz5 235/35/19 rears are uniroyal rain sport 3 275/30/19

bomex side skirts currently painted silver

Also have a set of good fitting fibreglass oem sideskirts that can go with the car but need paint.

Oem front bumper, freshly resprayed but has a few minor imperfections

Wings west style front bumper splitter/lip with ears fitted.

Carbon fibre front number plate surround

Oem optional rear window roof spoiler genuine

Rear spats

Celica GT steering wheel

Shine auto style rear diffuser not fitted but can come with the car

TRD spoiler with carbon blade

Genuine Hks sqv4 dump valve

New mishimoto spec R front mount intercooler

RRC drag spec 4” titanium cat back exhaust system

Pioneer sph-da120 head unit with apple play/ Bluetooth/ gps/ handsfree phone

Hks Turbotimer

Aluminium large core radiator

Blitz dual solenoid boost controller

Defi racer stand-alone exhaust gas temp gauge

Defi racer stand-alone oil pressure gauge

Defo racer stand-alone boost gauge

AEM afr gauge with wideband sensor

Near new tein street advance coilovers

S2000 stubby aerial kit

Titan 264 camshafts

Titan cam pulleys

New door speakers all round with amplifiers and sound deadened doors/panels

HKS T04Z turbo

HKS GT T4 divided manifold

HKS 3.5” downpipe

HKS GT wastegate

Apexi power F.C. stand-alone ecu with Supra loom and handheld power commander

New Sard 850cc side feed injectors

New Walbro 450 fuel pump

Spec stage 3+ clutch

Fuel lab fuel pressure regulator

LED front indicators

APR carbon fibre cooling panel

Whifbitz carbon fibre fan shroud

Good bits:

It’s a factory 6 speed in factory colour, has a well known brand full single turbo kit with all the needed extras fitted to pretty much choose your required power figure, mapping dependant.

It’s got relatively low mileage.

It has 170-175 psi across all cylinders with proof.

It’s had a bucket load of money spent on high end parts in the last year, the majority of them being brand new so won’t need replacing any time soon.

It has the usual RZ-S refinements, such as black headlining, black carpet, black oem leather front seats, and I have the original airbag to go with the car as it’s been replaced with the genuine hks electronics gauge pod.

It’s had a recent trip to SRD with Lee for the cams, cambelt, pulleys, waterpump, tensioner, mapping (making 600bhp/470ftlbs @ 1 bar of boost) obviously the boost can be turned up a lot and with a fresh map it would make considerably more on the figures side, however I’m currently happy with the power levels, safety and i feel its ample for road use. This work was done along with some other bits such as the cam covers being fully cleaned and painted, intercooler pipework modification.

Receipt here for £3,000.

Bad bits:

The main point with this supra to point out on the bad side of things is the fact it has original paint, being 22 years old now it’s definitely showing it’s age. My plan was to take the engine out over the winter and have a full oem colour exterior and engine bay respray, I have been quoted £2500 to have this carried out by a well known and respected body shop in plymouth.

The underside of the vehicle is in quite good condition, however the sills have been used as jacking points previously, not by myself but have folded over in places non the less. I was going to have these straitened again when it would of been in for the respray.

If someone is genuinely interested and would like the paintwork carried out along with the sills being straitened, a deposit can be left to cover the work, and I’m happy to get it done ready for the new owner.

PRICE £25,000

Please PM for contact details.imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Pro

Edited by Crash Bandicoot (see edit history)

I wouldn't be too disheartened, it's early days yet and you've only had it up for sale 4 days looking at the date on the add.

It's top money so people won't want to start having paint done and maybe other costly jobs.

I'd perhaps get some OEM sideskirts (Whifbitz sell them), get them painted to match the car (or at least paint the one's already fitted). Maybe get your front lip done same time to match. I'd also look at painting the dash panels back to the facelift colour. Just an opinion as might not be to everyone's taste, but also would look better with an OEM number plate holder and spark plug cover painted black or carbon to match your other engine bay plastics.

Don't take anything negative mate because it looks a lovely motor but I'd think of anything you might pick fault with if you were looking for a perfect condition car to knock money off and correct those things.

Good luck with the sale.

Appreciate the comments buddy, and I think your right. Those bits you said, I will do when I get back from Spain in a weeks time. I also have a non eared lip, so will swap that out for a cleaner look. I doubt I’ll paint it though, I’m my opinion they look better with a black lip.

Appreciate the comments buddy, and I think your right. Those bits you said, I will do when I get back from Spain in a weeks time. I also have a non eared lip, so will swap that out for a cleaner look. I doubt I’ll paint it though, I’m my opinion they look better with a black lip.

You're welcome mate. And to be honest thinking about it the black lip actually compliments the carbon spoiler blade too.

I do love a white Supra ,had one a while back,but for me you need to do the paint all one colour and fit O.E.M skirts.Engine bay in white would be a plus or reduce price.Everyone has different tastes of course and with patience you may find someone who will negotiate the way it is ,good luck:)

From my experience, i found it very difficult to sell my last one. People were only after a ‘fully stock’ or near fully stock car as these are the ones that are going up in value as such. Most of the higher end prices are being paid by people just wanting to keep them in a garage and make a good few quid in a number of years. This is just my opinion on what i found when selling mine and had very little serious people. Only one person came through to actually see it and it had been advertised for a good month.

Appreciate the comments guys, the plan when I’m back from holiday is to do what the majority are saying, oem skirts, change the front lip and have paint done.

Unless someone comes and puts £25k cash in my hand before I start, otherwise I will add the cost of the work I do on top of the current price :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update,

Currently decided on keeping the supra.

Just bought new wheels, side skirts and a few other goodies for it... mostly carbon fibre parts :diablo:

I’ll leave this ad up for now, but the temporary price of £25k I said is out of the window now. I will get it in for a full respray soon and will decide whether to keep or not when I’ve enjoyed it a bit more :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.