The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ccw Owners help

Supraleeturbo

I’ll be purchasing some ccw soon and will be going for 9j front and 11.5j rears but I’m wondering what size rear tyres to go for and what’s the max I can go as I run a 10j now with 295/35/18

I’m also thinking of going 17s on the back so I can run a 45 profile tyre

Your thoughts ?

Many thanks guys

I’ll be purchasing some ccw soon and will be going for 9j front and 11.5j rears but I’m wondering what size rear tyres to go for and what’s the max I can go as I run a 10j now with 295/35/18

I’m also thinking of going 17s on the back so I can run a 45 profile tyre

Your thoughts ?

Many thanks guys

Mainly depends on your offset mate and if you have your arches rolled? Here is a guide I put together with standard Supra wheels for comparison if its of any help

Like the idea of going for 17s on the back as would look a little more aggressive with keeping the style too :) plus can put the power down a little better ;)

Hi mate

For info I have the following CCWs fitted:

18x10 7.25 and 18x11 8.25

Tyres are near new (still have red line) Toyo Proxes T1-Rs and fronts are 265/35/18 and the Rears 295/35/18.

I might be able to stretch them wider at rear but being honest I find traction is awesome with this setup. The Giken differential definitely helps but I can put the power down well.

Like the idea of 17's at rear though!

Chingy's Supra runs a 17" rear if I remember correctly.

I've got a 315/30 on my rears which are 11.5J. Any wider and you'll start rubbing. Make sure you've got aftermarket coilovers as well, stock Bilsteins are too thick and will foul the wheel

Chingy's Supra runs a 17" rear if I remember correctly.

I've got a 315/30 on my rears which are 11.5J. Any wider and you'll start rubbing. Make sure you've got aftermarket coilovers as well, stock Bilsteins are too thick and will foul the wheel

Yup 17’s on the rears of mine