Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Top Gear

Part of a nanny state. Club Member jamesmark's Avatar
    Feedback
    65 (100%)

New Top Gear

Watched this today and I must admit I am pleasantly surprised, it was actually not bad, and had a laugh a few times.

I thought that with McGuinness & Flintoff onboard it would have been the absolute death of Top Gear. Yes at times it did not flow when in the studio, but give it time.

Already showing signs though it will be better than Le Blanc and that other one, forget his name.

Veilside mourner Club Member Axl's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmark View Post
    Watched this today and I must admit I am pleasantly surprised, it was actually not bad, and had a laugh a few times.

I thought that with McGuinness & Flintoff onboard it would have been the absolute death of Top Gear. Yes at times it did not flow when in the studio, but give it time.

Already showing signs though it will be better than Le Blanc and that other one, forget his name.
    Totally agree I can only see the chemistry getting better with them and enjoyed the northern monkey / southern softie banter looking forward to the rest of the series and the new zupra review
    I literally have no idea what the hell is going on

Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Feedback
    51 (100%)
    I really liked it too, breath of fresh air. Towards the end when Le Blanc and Harris's chemistry clicked it worked well, I love Matt's style.

There will always be the grim spectre of the previous 3 hanging over TG now, the last few seasons of their tenure were pretty crap, but people have rose tinted glasses.

Im in it for the cars and the cars alone, anything else is a bonus
    I would gladly pay you £10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.

What search button? Club Member formatzero's Avatar
    Feedback
    Im afraid I found it a bit boring,the trips across the desert have all been done many times,it's not just fresh presenters required it's a fresh look at content,however it's early days !

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Presenter wise thought they worked well, as said above content is tricky to be original.

Not really a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    The episode on the Mkv / mkiv should be good

Not really a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    3 (100%)

UK 6sp 3.4 Single :) Club Member ShawnPreece's Avatar
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    I watched it last night on catchup and I thought it was good they seemed to have a good laugh together more naturally than some of the presenters since Clarkson and co
    8: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto Aerotop - Named Buffy - Current Car Updates Here
    7: MKIV 1994 Supra Single Turbo Auto - Current Car / Ongoing Project Project Thread will be here
    6: MKIV 1994 Supra UK spec V160 Widearch 1000bhp build - Named Sally - Current Car / My Pride & Joy Project Thread here

1: MKIII 1990 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 2: MKIV 1994 Supra TT6 - Written Off after Tyre Blew 3: MKIII 1992 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 4: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto - Sold 5: MKIV 1994 Supra VVT-I TT Manual (engine from 98 Supra) - Been broken

I'm a newbie Club Member
    Feedback
    I've enjoyed the first episode and definitely pleasantly surprised. As to the supra - I cant wait to see it, but regret I didn't know it was filmed literally couple of miles away from my house. I've only found out on my way from work ON THE SAME DAY that it already happened and everyone enjoyed. So disappointed.

UK 6sp 3.4 Single :) Club Member ShawnPreece's Avatar
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djmakz View Post
    I've enjoyed the first episode and definitely pleasantly surprised. As to the supra - I cant wait to see it, but regret I didn't know it was filmed literally couple of miles away from my house. I've only found out on my way from work ON THE SAME DAY that it already happened and everyone enjoyed. So disappointed.
    Haha was ideal for me as I work in Brecon so was just down the road
    8: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto Aerotop - Named Buffy - Current Car Updates Here
    7: MKIV 1994 Supra Single Turbo Auto - Current Car / Ongoing Project Project Thread will be here
    6: MKIV 1994 Supra UK spec V160 Widearch 1000bhp build - Named Sally - Current Car / My Pride & Joy Project Thread here

1: MKIII 1990 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 2: MKIV 1994 Supra TT6 - Written Off after Tyre Blew 3: MKIII 1992 Supra Turbo Manual - Sold 4: MKIV 1993 Supra N/A Auto - Sold 5: MKIV 1994 Supra VVT-I TT Manual (engine from 98 Supra) - Been broken

Me? Post? Never! Club Member foggy147's Avatar
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott.wild View Post
    Do we know which episode this is going to be yet?

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    It was my UK TT6 they used for filming and that Paddy drove for the piece and I was privileged to spend nearly 2 days with all the crew watching it all being filmed in Wales. It is mind blowing the amount of effort they go to to get all the shots, the amount of people and also equipment. They did a lot of filming with the car on its own as well as though they also got a 993 Turbo, Aston DB7 and Ferrari 512 TR (belonging to Chris Harris) and did high speed over takes on closed roads with Paddy basically saying the stock Mk4 destroyed those cars in its day.

I got to chat to Paddy and he was such a lovely guy. The whole premise for this piece was his idea as he always wanted a UK car in the 90s and said he regretted not buying one so he was made up to drive an unmolested example and said it was better than he expected (he would say that I know) but their senior producer Clare Pizey who was there all day said he constantly talked about the Supra in meetings and was made up they found a UK car for him and he loved it.
    They have a number of professional drivers who do a lot of the driving for the outside shots and even they loved it and they drive a lot of stuff.

I went to the the studio for filming for one of the episodes but unfortunately not the Supra as this was filmed last Saturday and I was away. I spoke to the director and she said it was due to be the last one of the 5 they show so assume it will be in around 4 weeks as episode 2 has just aired. They were still editing the final cut and they tend not to realise too much information for episodes until closer to the air date.

Having said all that they will probably hardly show the car now 😂

Me? Post? Never! Club Member
    Feedback
    So you haven't sold it yet? At least now it'll be as featured on Top Gear car for hopefully more than a brief moment. That should raise the interest level if you are still planning on moving it on.

What search button? Events Organiser Marcus GTE's Avatar
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Fantastic, canít wait to see it and interesting insight

Work... what work? Club Member
    Feedback
    Ha - no Rider. I took it off sale a while ago and have been enjoying tinkering with it. The whole TG thing was
    random and ironic really as this car has been a pain in the arse most of the time. Not seen the final video so he might slate it but it was an awesome day ��

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast