The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Import Query - round 2

swiftstu

Hi All,

After a good few years away from the club and Supra Ownership, I posted in 2017 as was looking to import another one.

A couple of years on, I am now looking at it properly. Need some help please?

I'm after an SZ or SZ-R around '93 - '96 Manual. relaxed on colour.

Can anyone give me an actual example of a recent car (as above) imported and total cost? I've been looking speculatively through Providecars.jp, but they don't seem to be able to give me recently sold car prices by their clients.

also any recommendation on UK companies who members have used and had good experiences with.

I was looking at a sub £10K budget (I hoped well below).

Thank all

I was looking at a sub £10K budget (I hoped well below).

I think if you are looking at a £10k or well below that budget you can forget any of the usual importers doing the running on it. Also with the prices being what they are these days there is really not much chance of a manual coming up within budget. If you've been away for a while you may need to catch up with Supra inflation over that time, particularly JDM inflation from Japan. Your best chance by some margin to pick one up will be with one that is already here, in the UK.

I recently used Torque GT and they were fantastic - speak with Darren, he should be able to give you a good idea on what it might cost

but Rider is right - the market is crazy now they are US import legal. I follow someone on youtube who is based out in Japan (garage defend) and i believe their 93-95 SZ are like $15k USD before shipping

Thanks for all the responses - very much appreciated been have some difficulties posting so sorry for the delay.

I think I’ll try and find one in this country - can’t believe the leap in price! I shouldn’t have sold my two...

There was a nice looking auto on the facebook page for 6500, leaves you a few quid for a manual swap

I’ve requested access to the FB page but awaiting approval which it looks like will be declined due to the proof of ownership requirements. I did message an admin, but no response as yet. I’ll give it another day.

Do you have any details on that car at all please?

Big money especially as it can't be a US import yet and isn't exceptionally low miles. I wonder what a auto one goes for (as assuming this was TT6)

I love looking at goonet, saw a very very low mile RSP NA auto a while back that would have been about £23K landed here! it was lovely but er no lol!

Our import duty and vat hurt us I think compared to other countries after them.

edit - just popped on goonet Red 1999 auto NA 69K km

Fag packet calc.

1880000 yen = £13,650

Plus shipping £15,000

Plus duty £16,500

Plus VAT £19,800

So add in the basic conversion costs and you are over £20K.

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

I’ve requested access to the FB page but awaiting approval which it looks like will be declined due to the proof of ownership requirements. I did message an admin, but no response as yet. I’ll give it another day.

Do you have any details on that car at all please?

Which fb page? I’m one of the admin on the buying/selling page. What’s your name and I’ll check