The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Final project - Barn find aero top

Swampy442

Id like twins for a bit of head room, just in case. And its a street car, so 550/600, reliability is the key with useable power :)

You can also have a backup pump just in case any other line debris makes a return to life and decides to mate with your fuel pump! I guess the Link could power and flow both pumps at say 50% for safety and ramp up depending on boost? You going to get a fuel flex sensor in there matey and run some E85? Mad not too for an extra buzz :-0

Looks aces mate very good progress.

• 1 month later...
Things Craig likes, new bolts, new arms, new hardware, new suspension adjusting bolts, new brake lines.

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/06/99.jpg

Some aerotop specific scaffolding?

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/06/100.jpg

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/06/101.jpg

Any idea what this is? Im assuming its an aerial amp, strange location for it

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/06/102.jpg

Some Link plugin goodness also arrived, to power whatever turbo set up we choose :)

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2019/06/103.jpg

If you need a set of LINK ECU covers then let me know, as I sell 3D printed ones, but you may not have seen them on facebook or ebay.

They save you having to remove the covers from your stock ECU and therefore making it useless to sell on, being as they now command a pretty penny.

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As above, any help identifying the missing bracket to support the dipstick?

Also :-

Lots going on but its nothing really worth photographing. Wired in some new knock sensors for the Link ECU, cleaned the gearbox up, stripped about 50 kgs of superfluous wiring out and tidied the rest of the wiring up. Fitted brake lines, got Hodge fuel hoses coming, washed the carpet, made bracketry for the front mount. Etc, etc you get the idea, niff naff. But...

Engine ready to go

And in the car!

Thankfully I got the Supra gearbox mount with the car (Supra on top), as the Aristo one was a mile out.

Discovered I need a new turbo oil feed, no dramas but a bit strange. Then again the engine does sit a fair way back compared to the Aristo

Now its a steady reconnect, replacing hoses and stuff as I find them, and get a crash course in Link home tuning

Nice progress :thumbs:

Bit of a random question but do your new fuel lines have a banjo style fitting for the fuel pump end or is it still just a 90deg bend? I got the lines a few years ago and was a bit naffed off that I couldn't get my cover back on again with the 90deg fitting sitting proud. I guess a banjo style fitting would sort that but not sure what their flow capabilities are like.

The stock fuel feed is a banjo fitting so should flow enough? The lines I think are standard AN fittings, John Hodge formerly of this parish made the kit, he's made lots in the past for many members, it fits under the stock cover.

Yeah I've got one of the kits as well and looks to just be standard AN fittings, but the 90 into the tank has quite a big radius on it. My one certainly doesn't fit under the cover and I know a few others who have said the same. It's also what's brought about the custom covers that some people are selling.

attachment.php?attachmentid=233389&stc=1&d=1569574885

I heard John was experimenting with the banjo style fitting but nothing seems to have come of it. Just wondered if he'd updated his design. Have you just gone for the stock sized kit he was selling or a higher powered one? Maybe that's the difference as I opted for the slightly beefier lines

supra-fuel-tank-cover.jpg

• 4 months later...

Not really a lot of progress to report at the moment, lack of time and too many other projects. I have ran the fuel lines in, striped, refurbished, refitted the master cylinder and bled the clutch, reworked the turbo oil feed, sourced a pair of UK rear callipers, stripped, refurbished them and just eating to rebuild. Having a bit of a hassle with the Link software, but with help of a local mate I think its sorted. Just need to get a tuning cable (50 quid ffs).

On the plus side, I did pick up a pair of 17" stock rear rims for 50 quid :D I was going to get them widened to go with the next stage of the project. But I might just follow the rest of the community price wise and sell them for 600 quid :rolleyes::eyebrows:

• 1 year later...

Can’t believe it’s been over a year since the last update!!

I’ve got a job back home now, so been doing bits, just had a week off and made big progress! In fact it’s not that far from mapping.

ive got it started and idling on the Link, only really a few details to wrap up!

EE3387CC-6FA4-4B15-8CDF-BE3F699FF017.jpeg

• Like 1