The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Number plate "flipper"

Mr2kyle

How's things, as the car is in for a respray I'm looking at ways I can have a nice clean look without the numberplate ruining it. Not looking to avoid speed cameras ect. Just looking for a way of having the numberplate visible normally and then at shows it's hidden. Not taken off leaving a black plate holder or worse some screw holes!! Any help as I can't quite find what I'm looking for on google....

Thanks

Kyle

How's things, as the car is in for a respray I'm looking at ways I can have a nice clean look without the numberplate ruining it. Not looking to avoid speed cameras ect. Just looking for a way of having the numberplate visible normally and then at shows it's hidden. Not taken off leaving a black plate holder or worse some screw holes!! Any help as I can't quite find what I'm looking for on google....

Thanks

Kyle

Hey Kyle,

I’ve been looking at getting one of these.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163304874112

Cheers,

Nathan

I've installed this on both the front and rear.

Expect some bumper modification on the front. I had to chop a square section out to allow it to truly be flush when operating.

For me. The front will retract on a button or when I hit a chosen speed (I'll pull the voltage from the cluster). I have GT300 wide arch front bumper so the mouth isn't particularly deep. I now can drive around legally but can enjoy the plate - less look when I want too.

Because the price wasn't that different I have a rear as well. I've installed a reversing camera under my number plate. The flipper lifts the plate upwards when I'm reserving and powers the camera. You can still JUST see the plate. So upwards limits risk of me Trying to dodge cameras but also allows me to hide the reversing camera. As I've never seen an rear view camera not look nasty.

I've got a flush boot. No wiper. Central brake. Aerial. So want it looking as smooth as possible.

I'll put some videos when bumpers are painted and back on. It looks nice when it's working!

Not the cheapest kit you can buy. But came with what you'd need for a straight forward setup.

https://www.speedflip.com

I'll also be declaring mine with insurance. Which is Why my rear will only be powered by reversing light.