The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GR Heritage Parts Project- (new mkiv parts!)

Marcus GTE

What would be great is for something like the ECU's to be remade and potentially they could be dirty cheap assuming modern circuit boards and methods (original ones are really old school tech?). I'm thinking along the lines of a Spectrum or Commodore C64 computer (showing my age) that are now emulated and could fit into a tiny sd card?

What would be great is for something like the ECU's to be remade and potentially they could be dirty cheap assuming modern circuit boards and methods (original ones are really old school tech?). I'm thinking along the lines of a Spectrum or Commodore C64 computer (showing my age) that are now emulated and could fit into a tiny sd card?

That would be the dream but I can't help think that this has got a lot to do with publicity and money making. If parts are re-introduced into the market, I expect they'll cost a fortune. They'll still want 3 figures for a manual gear surround I bet.

Unfortunately there are some parts that will be impossible to reintroduce as well such as 6 speed boxes and components. So will be interesting to see what Toyota have kept in terms of actually being able to manufacture 30+ year old parts again

I agree in general about the parts prices, I was just hoping that if they parts can now be made cheaper due to advances that they might make a few quid on them but not rigidly stick to the old prices.

I think trim pieces etc could still be expensive as the production costs might not have changed much, it'll be interesting as you say, anything is better than nothing :-)

That would be the dream but I can't help think that this has got a lot to do with publicity and money making. If parts are re-introduced into the market, I expect they'll cost a fortune. They'll still want 3 figures for a manual gear surround I bet.

Unfortunately there are some parts that will be impossible to reintroduce as well such as 6 speed boxes and components. So will be interesting to see what Toyota have kept in terms of actually being able to manufacture 30+ year old parts again

Grannas racing sell T56 with ratios that match the v160. There's little need in my eyes to build new v160 boxes. Especially when they've already got a solution that takes the horsepower.

It would never be a cheap gearbox brand new. I think the T56 option is the best manual box option we have.

Will this happening add value to the mkiv?

I think it'll help keep them on the road and may help people buy them (put less off from avoiding them?)

The above could mean less scrapped/broke ones so values don't go up, or certainly not as fast? It could also perhaps lower the value of late mint ones, that might have otherwise been more desirable as their original parts 'should' have been less likely to give issues?

I don't think it'll have a huge effect tbh

• 2 weeks later...
TT engine and 6 speed getrag head lights, facelift rear lights and ECU s are the parts people want the most I assume

I wonder if there s any other parts people want?

6 speed boxes aren't possible as far as I'm aware. Toyota sold off all the tooling they used to manufacture them :(

Manual gear surround is another one. Electrics are starting to go on a few cars with the wiring becoming quite brittle. So new looms would also be great!

TT engine and 6 speed getrag head lights, facelift rear lights and ECU s are the parts people want the most I assume

I wonder if there s any other parts people want?

door interiors i could imagine. but really, any parts you would need to keep it look and run good.

i wonder is stock bumpers/sideskirts/rear spoilers hard to get?

door interiors i could imagine. but really, any parts you would need to keep it look and run good.

i wonder is stock bumpers/sideskirts/rear spoilers hard to get?

Spoilers are common as people prefer TRD, none or big wing. Bumpers and skirts are mentally rare.

I was at my local Toyota parts department last weekend speaking to the young lady and she bought this up. Apparently the top dog in Toyota has a mkiv and it's driven from there.

It will still be MrT prices mind but at least your guaranteed the quality.

It will be nice to see the list of spares at some point

I was at my local Toyota parts department last weekend speaking to the young lady and she bought this up. Apparently the top dog in Toyota has a mkiv and it's driven from there.

It will still be MrT prices mind but at least your guaranteed the quality.

It will be nice to see the list of spares at some point

That's interesting to hear.

Maybe they are reviewing what parts are worth making again.

I think the engines are a must.

Whatever it will be. I fear for those who try and make a profit off the supra tax. At least it will hopefully being prices down for some parts.

Heater cores, Rear subframes. Glass. Light units. And body panels is a must

Add in full suspension parts, radiators, intercoolers, condensers, engine looms, engine components, brakes including everything up to dust shields.

I would say Turbos but most go a different direction nowadays with their tubs.

• 11 months later...