The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GR Heritage Parts Project- (new mkiv parts!)

Marcus GTE

Yep that’s it :thumbs:

Hopefully this also means that they will stop discontinuing parts. I can't help but wonder if they are trying to placate current owners after the reaction to the Zupr4? The petition last year (?) didn't gain any traction despite the amount of signatures and being in direct contact with the head of Toyota UK and USA.

It will probably have an impact on the secondhand part prices if it comes to fruition.

Full story here - https://gazoo.com/article/gr/20190517.html

Presentations were made by Shigeki Tomoyama, Toyota Motor's vice president and president of GAZOO Racing Company at the event hall of Megaweb.

In addition to the press, the venue will be different from the usual press release that owners of the old model A70 and A80 are invited. A lot of images talked about Supra's view of the world and its passion for development, and the launch of GR Supra was announced.

Major topics related to the new model are announced, such as the resumption of orders for the top grade, which had already been filled with order reservations, and for which orders could not be received, and the announcement of 24 limited cars with Toyota's first matte coating. We also announce the launch of the part reprint activity "GR Heritage Parts Project" for A70 and A80 owners. Although specific parts names were not announced yet, big applause arose from the successive generation model owners who gathered.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Link added. (see edit history)

Hopefully we will see what it means in reality soon. I have a feeling if they restart discontinued parts that they will resume the previous prices. As an example, the discontinued new stock exhaust I have was last listed at over £1,000. Also, parts like the V160 that were made by Getrag may not be included...

I remember the petition but I was refering to direct lobbying of Tetsuo Tada at the owners event last year where the point seemed to register with him. Enough people in enough places were all wanting it.

They will be doing well to match companies like Porsche and Land Rover, where you can still get virtually any part for any car from them.

Replacement vvti engines would be amazing.

Being a main part of the iconic following. The 2jz would indeed be a particular fan favourite. Further support for its maintenance and upgrade would be absolutely incredible.

What parts have Nissan remade for the GTRs through their heritage programme?

I cannot imagine toyota making every single part again, we will have to wait for the official parts list to be issued.

https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/release-860852d7040eed420ffbaebb22425a17

Seems to be quite a few on the list, here's a link to the actual site, hopefully Toyota follow suit!

https://www.nismo.co.jp/heritage_parts/

Great news! With any luck more manufacturers will follow suit. With tighter and tighter regulations on new cars, it probably makes business sense to keep profiting from supporting your old cars than designing and producing a new one. Certainly for more niche cars like ours