Thread: Starter relay fusebox in enginebay

I'm addicted now! Club Member
    Feedback

Starter relay fusebox in enginebay

Hi

My starter relay dont work as it should anymore, it takes 2 to 3 times before the engine cranks.. it have found out my starter relay is the problem, but on my supra the part number is 28341-11010 and on the supra on the friend of mine, he have another starter relay with part number 28300-10020 someone how what the difference is on those relayes?? both 2jzgte ??

Feedback
    No one knows??

BPU happy Events Organiser Shane's Avatar
    Feedback
    39 (100%)
    a quick google on those numbers suggests both pretty much the same but the 11010 is a later relay used on things like Camrys, Rav4s, Celica st202s. Pinout looks the same, obviously can't tell if the coil resistance or the contact ratings are the same. Can't imagine either of those things are going to make too much difference, it's a very simple circuit and the solenoid coil the relay controls won't be a world apart. Beefier contact rating the better I would have thought.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
    Satin black BPU. 12.83 1/4 @ Santa Pod Saturday night special May 2015
    N/A auto, Red..Sold
    N/A Auto Silver..Sold

Daily commute BMW E53 X5 M57 power
    Nissan Navara D22 twin cab PU,Mercedes W210 E300TD, W202 250TD powered by veggie oil,
    Vauxhall Tigra with Isuzu diesel engine conversion. Powered by veg oil

I'm addicted now! Club Member herbiemercman's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Just got my starter relay from ebay 15 delivered, they are not easy to get hold of,and i could only find used ones.The same company do the starter solenoid and copper contacts kit as well. Herbie.

Feedback
    thanks alot for your replyes,, have found out the one i have is the old model, toyota have made a new model that i have ordre..