The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garlic press

Dnk

I like to dabble in the kitchen and bought this recently

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Garlic-Press-Stainless-Steel-Mincer-Crusher-with-Garlic-Rocker-and-Peeler/333134592736?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Really impressed with its quality and by majic it leaves the skin of the clove in

the press so you don't even have to peel them

Who peels garlic nowadays ? I mean really!!!!

Put a couple of unpeeled cloves in a cup with a lid (those micro soup mugs are ideal) shake violently for few seconds, garlic cloves now peeled, no mess you get with trying manually peel them.

No need to do that with this press, pop in the press squeeze job done :)

No need to do that with this press, pop in the press squeeze job done :)

Had a few presses and never got to grips with them, Christ I even YouTubed it on off chance I was doing it wrong. But even finding out doing it right, I still had to press then scoop reminder out. Shacking them, for me gets the most out first time.

Please tell me you realise that's what the little black tube thing is for?

Yes i know that :p but as the seller says you can press the whole clove and the skin stays behind in the press

i thought i'd see how well it did that, to my surprise all the skin stayed in the press and hardly any wasted garlic