The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Upgraded PreFacelift Headlights, with in-built indicator £500

Noz

Hi everyone,

as my own build crawls ever closer to completion I'm sadly having to sell some of my own parts to fund it. I have too many sets of lights so I'm putting some up for sale.

This is one of my personal favourite styles. I have installed a set of stainless steel rings, mirror polished.

I've painted a clean black edging on the lenses, giving them a nicer finishing touch. I've done this to most of my lenses. Then, a clear coat has been painted onto them. For that extra shine. I had a professional paintshop complete this.

The lenses have the odd minor age related defect, but that's all I can say bad about them really. I've not seen any this old without some internal crazing. Facelift lenses are of course always the worst, pre-facelift seem to just age better. Must have been something in the plastic when they upgraded.

I think we can all agree PreFacelift indicators are one of the worst parts of the iconic front end of the car. I installed a custom plate behind the projector. This allows for a halo to be centrally mounted for indicating function. Around the outer edges of the halo, holes are drilled. This allows for the fog light bulb to get as much light out as possible while maintaining a halo behind the glass dome.

I've installed the wiring and made this as tidy as possible on the back, using a grommet and locating it next to the side light location.

The side mounting brackets have been blasted and powder coated. This was done professionally because brackets are the first things to corrode on PreFacelifts.

I have replaced the headlight locating lug with a stainless steel pin, I used to make these myself.

The inserts have been rubbed back and resprayed matt black. One of the best looking finishes for the Supra style, in my opinion.

The lights were sealed using butyl tape. A more reliable and secure sealing method. When putting them together, I also run a tiny amount of Diall sealant, just to take up any gaps. I removed the original sealant as per the photos.

Casings were painted also, just to make them a little tidier. These lights are, don't forget, over 20 years old in most cases.

The rubbers have all been cleaned and oiled. I've polished and waxes the lenses.

Price includes postage and insurance.

In the past, I've charged more in services to bring a set of lights up to this standard. Many hours have gone into them.

I've included some of the photos during their assembly, as I mentioned they were done for my own build/collection. This was actually the last set I built, and they went together a lot nicer than all my other sets. They were a pleasure to fit, I've been chewing over if I should keep them. But, I think I need to find a new home that will appreciate them.

Because these have steel rings, they will never rust internally or corrode. So please keep that in mind when you think long term, or when comparing against other sets of headlights.

Looking for £500, posted insured.

Thanks

That looks pretty cool. I have a spare set of pre facelift lights too as it happens. Lol

I have another set of discs to sit the halo on if you ever fancy installing one of the halo led yourself buddy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.