The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water cooled turbo lines

Noz

Can anyone advise where I should pick up the water from and where I can feed it back into.

I'm thinking to tap into the water neck that enters the engine from the top water hose.

Any experience would be great please.

I tapped into the top water neck for a return , Then on the lower back side of the water pump there is an outlet that i used a feed.

I pulled out the barb fittings and drilled and tapped both to NPT threads and fitted adaptors from NPT to -4AN. but if you still have the barbed fittings out of both you should manage to run a hose direct.

Legend. Thanks mate!

What type of lines do you use. Just normal braided?

I use Black nylon braided rubber line with -4AN fittings. Fitted a heat sleeve to the lines close to the turbo/manifold though as the nylon braid doesnt tent to cope so well with heat.

Thanks mate.

Is the water neck not cool water going into the engine from the rad?

This would be wrong mate. The flow from the water neck is hot side water. As the coolant flows from the top of radfiator from this point down to the bottom of the radiator, it is cooled and then fed into the water pump side as cold water.

You can even feel the difference and logically that is how it is as hot water/ steam would rise and cold water would not.