The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Standalone ECU options. UK tuner

Andy Ven

Guys, I’m in the market for an aftermarket stand alone ecu. Looking online there isnt much clear information about the different options..

Setup will be-

6 speed v160 box

Walbro 450 pump

850cc injectors (drop into standard rail)

S362 sxe borg warner turbo

Fully stock engine and cams.

It will be aimed at being a fast road car so not looking for max hp output.

The other info id like to know is what tuners are in the uk for these engines and what ECU’s they support.

Any info would be greatly apprechiated

From what I've seen. Syvecs is the top of the range ecu for Supra that's commonly used.

Many more expensive ones but the most commonly one I've seen people use with great success.

Which is why I bought one. I'm installing soon.

I think people can only advise on where they've been. I've been to whifbitz and for the second time again soon. Paul's been supportive and I think you need to take your time finding a tuner.

Location shouldn't be as important as your trust. It's easy to make a costly mistake man.

I can recommend whifbitz because of my experiences there mate. Hopefully I'll have more positive feedback after my next mapping in July :)

Thanks for the info. What syvecs did you go for? 6 or the 6+? Or the 7?

It will be a while before my car is ready (probably over a year) but just trying to get background info on it for when i decide to make the decision.

Im up north in york so driving 2-300 miles to a tuners is a fair amount of time. But i understand what you are staying about trusting your tuner