The mkiv Supra Owners Club

600hp // s366 vs s362

Noz

Thoughts would be welcome guys. Looking to buy a turbo soon. As in immediately really.

NAt R154 stock cams.

Want a little room to grow but 600 min is the goal without restricting myself down the line.

I've no experience with borg Warner.

My s362 produces 590bhp at 1.4bar on an unopened engine. I've got a set of 264's to fit, which should give a slight increase at the same boost level.

Mine starts spooling at circa 3200rpms and full boost at 4000rpms.

Looking at that graph above, it looks like full boost comes in around 4500rpms on the s366

What's the 366 like on the road Bignum? Are you 6 speed? I've always thought the R154 was similar to the v160 just without the final drive. I've an NA LSD a01b.

Clausz when do you get full boost?

Mines great on the road, yes 6 speed but auto tt diff so 3.7 ratio, hits full boost by 4k and pulls well to 7.5k, its a built engine with 264 cams and ported/angled seat head, the car is stripped, also makes positive boost in 6th @ 2k.

Is anyone running the smaller sxe 257/258, thinking bout going single looking for similar spool to bpu with 100hp more 530ish up.

I was advised by Bignum that it would be too small mate, and was advised to go with the Airwerks S361SX-E, which I did, and I love it. https://www.aet-turbos-shop.com/collections/borgwarner-airwerks/products/borgwarner-airwerks-s361sxe-turbocharger?variant=13055159205941

Mine is the T4 Divided 0.91AR

I was advised by Bignum that it would be too small mate, and was advised to go with the Airwerks S361SX-E, which I did, and I love it. https://www.aet-turbos-shop.com/collections/borgwarner-airwerks/products/borgwarner-airwerks-s361sxe-turbocharger?variant=13055159205941

Mine is the T4 Divided 0.91AR

Bargain, nice tubby by looks of it, does it have 3" vband exhaust side?