The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ground points

Foxx

Need to fit a hanging rear fog for MOT (haven’t got time to do one of the proper work arounds in the cluster will take a noob like me ages).

Could anyone tell me where are the best places to earth the switch behind the dash and the light in the boot please?

Thanks

Edited by Foxx (see edit history)

Need to fit a hanging rear fog for MOT (haven’t got time to do one of the proper work arounds in the cluster will take a noob like me ages).

Could anyone tell me where are the best places to earth the switch behind the dash and the light in the boot please?

Thanks

/QUOTE]

Hi,

Mine was wired so both power and ground comes from at my switch on the dash, but there is a ground point I used for my hardwired dashcam near to where the fuse box is (behind the panel) in the drivers footwell on the right. I cannot remember seeing a ground bolt at the rear of the car, but I may be wrong. I'm relatively new to the Supra, so someone else may be able to tell you exactly where a ground point at the rear is.

IF you're really pushed for time I'd just wire it into the switch at the front and just run it with the power wire. When mine had a hanging fog light they ran the wire though the grommet for the rear light loom, so if you take it off and cut a small hole in the grommet you can run the wire though there and then feed it down to the bottom of the bumper.

I've since reused the wiring the importer used when they wired in my hanging fog to one of the reverse bulbs (I put a red led in there)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good Luck!