Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Headlight air intake

  1. #1
    SRD600S Club Member Andrew K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    England - Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    1,706
    Feedback
    25 (100%)

    Headlight air intake

    See this done on a few Supraís and searched online and found images of other ways itís been done, is there a step by step of how people have done this anywhere on here or online as I canít find much info? Or anyone know who or where this can be done for you? Would love something done as neat as in the image below

    Attached Images Attached Images
    My 2JZ-GE auto to 2JZ-GTE Single turbo 6 speed (V161) Build


  2. #2
    Metal Wide Arch 13J Club Member Noz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England - Devon
    Posts
    7,349
    Feedback
    100 (100%)
    Seen a few threads on US supra forums but never a full guide.

    I'm going to make one that uses a bi-beam projector, so it passes MOT with that headlight in. I advise going down the same route, otherwise it's a swap out.

  3. #3
    Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England - Lincolnshire
    Posts
    14,369
    Feedback
    50 (100%)
    Bignum has one, I seem to remember Whifbitz sold them? Could be wrong.
    I bought a scrap pair of headlights for just this purpose
    I would gladly pay you £10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.

  4. #4
    Me? Post? Never! Club Member mplavery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    England - Greater London
    Posts
    4,530
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    I have just bought a driver headlight to do just this...

    Not sure how I'm going to go about it but I could post up what I do if that helps

    Won't be rushing it though lol ..

  5. #5
    SRD600S Club Member Andrew K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    England - Buckinghamshire
    Posts
    1,706
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampy442 View Post
    Bignum has one, I seem to remember Whifbitz sold them? Could be wrong.
    I bought a scrap pair of headlights for just this purpose
    Yeah see Bignum has one so was hoping he might see this post and give some info on doing it.
    Not seen them on the Whifbitz site like I pictured above, only the complete air vent which does away with the complete headlight.
    Be interested to see & hear how you get on if having a go at making one yourself?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    Seen a few threads on US supra forums but never a full guide.

    I'm going to make one that uses a bi-beam projector, so it passes MOT with that headlight in. I advise going down the same route, otherwise it's a swap out.
    Nice idea you have so keen to see what you come up with, as for the changing over for MOT purposes Iím not to worried about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by mplavery View Post
    I have just bought a driver headlight to do just this...

    Not sure how I'm going to go about it but I could post up what I do if that helps

    Won't be rushing it though lol ..
    Yes please post up how you get on as interested to see thanks.
    My 2JZ-GE auto to 2JZ-GTE Single turbo 6 speed (V161) Build


  6. #6
    Do Luck owning Club Member Swampy442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    England - Lincolnshire
    Posts
    14,369
    Feedback
    50 (100%)
    All I did last time was split the light, remove the high beam gubbins, cut a hole in the back casing big enough for a pipe, cut a matching hole in the lens, and trim/seal as necessary
    I would gladly pay you £10 to never log onto this forum again, and I am serious. Scott M

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilson View Post
    I did terrible things to girls I had only just met, and they loved it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •