The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear fog light PCB install

Tommyd16

Thanks mate. I’m fitting 2 so I just use the spare connection in the photo as jumper between the two?

/QUOTE]

Yes, tap (cut, solder and heat shrink) into the same coloured wire in the passenger side loom then run the cable into the spare hole on the drivers light PCB.

Hopefully that makes sense, any problem post up :)

• 1 month later...
Yes, tap (cut, solder and heat shrink) into the same coloured wire in the passenger side loom then run the cable into the spare hole on the drivers light PCB.

Hopefully that makes sense, any problem post up :)

Frank, I might need assistance with this!

I relooked at my facelift the other day as it had been doing odd things since I bought it. On braking the fog light telltale on the dash would illuminate (until it blew recently). So I get into the wiring and there is a black wire (Earth?) flapping around and swapping in a new heckler pcb (old one looked a bit burnt out) and fixing this earth cable, and putting a new dash switch in and the rear drivers side fog worked and all four brake lights as normal.

So I got confident and looked at the passenger side, wiring in the pcb to the brake light green/white wire (grey diode/resistor the bulb side) and then ran a cable from the one left slot on the drivers side pcb to this passenger side pcb (tried both sides of the "fog" connectors on the pass pcb).

I don't get the twin fogs this way but also only 3 brake lights. Admitted defeat and disconnected the wire between the two pcb's, so it's all working ok to get through an MOT etc just curious/annoyed! why its not working.

Was going to splice into the fog feed to pcb 1 but have seen Big marks post and see that's not a great idea?

The white line on the small black diodes should be on the bulb side of the wires. Is that how you've got the direction configured mate.

Connect just the normal braking circuit and make sure the typical operation works as required. Take a photo of the wiring.

Just test it works on single wire before adding the fog 12v switch.

Hi Scooter, as Noz mentioned above look at the lines on the black diodes that would be my first guess.

Regarding the telltale, mine is in the switch itself and I have only used three wires. One to the PCB for the drivers side rear then and live and earth from the front.

Photos of the install would be great too :thumbs:

Cheers guys, I think I need to get you pics.

I will check the directions. At the moment I have the second pcb on the passenger side wired in to brake line only (brake light works fine like this now) as whatever I link up to the other connections, I lose the brake light whether via the brake pedal of fog light.

Electrics are 100% not my strong point!!

• 11 months later...