Thread: Rear fog light PCB install

What search button? Club Member
    Feedback
    9 (100%)

Rear fog light PCB install

Finally getting around to fitting my PCBs for the rear fog lights.
    Does anyone have a guide for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Non-PC Club Member Frank Bullitt's Avatar
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Are you doing both or just the one?

The Red wire is going to the fog light switch. If you fit two of the PCB's connect a wire between them, then connect the one on the drivers side to the fog light switch.

Fit the PCB as per the photo fog3.JPG
    Last edited by Frank Bullitt; 07-04-19 at 23:42.

What search button? Club Member
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Thanks mate. Iím fitting 2 so I just use the spare connection in the photo as jumper between the two?

Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Subscribed. I have a set of these from Heckler but never fitted them.
    The White Dumpling Single turbo Precision 6765 84AR

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyd16 View Post
    Thanks mate. I’m fitting 2 so I just use the spare connection in the photo as jumper between the two?

Yes, tap (cut, solder and heat shrink) into the same coloured wire in the passenger side loom then run the cable into the spare hole on the drivers light PCB.

Hopefully that makes sense, any problem post up

Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Ah, I didn't use the spare hole on the 1st PCB, I just split the wire from the foglight switch into 2 and sent one to each PCB. Maybe that's why my warning light comes on the dash if I have the rear foglight on and touch the brake pedal?
    Currently undergoing a major overhaul including: Engine rebuild by Littlenum, PHR Street Torque kit with PT 6266 turbo, Custom 3.5" exhaust, Whifbtiz DCT conversion, Syvecs S6+, Brembo Big Brake upgrade, Underbody treatment including powder coated subframes, modified rear arches for new wheels, Full respray in new colour. etc etc etc

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bullitt View Post
    Yes, tap (cut, solder and heat shrink) into the same coloured wire in the passenger side loom then run the cable into the spare hole on the drivers light PCB.

Hopefully that makes sense, any problem post up
    Frank, I might need assistance with this!

I relooked at my facelift the other day as it had been doing odd things since I bought it. On braking the fog light telltale on the dash would illuminate (until it blew recently). So I get into the wiring and there is a black wire (Earth?) flapping around and swapping in a new heckler pcb (old one looked a bit burnt out) and fixing this earth cable, and putting a new dash switch in and the rear drivers side fog worked and all four brake lights as normal.

So I got confident and looked at the passenger side, wiring in the pcb to the brake light green/white wire (grey diode/resistor the bulb side) and then ran a cable from the one left slot on the drivers side pcb to this passenger side pcb (tried both sides of the "fog" connectors on the pass pcb).

I don't get the twin fogs this way but also only 3 brake lights. Admitted defeat and disconnected the wire between the two pcb's, so it's all working ok to get through an MOT etc just curious/annoyed! why its not working.

Was going to splice into the fog feed to pcb 1 but have seen Big marks post and see that's not a great idea?
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way

Metal Wide Arch 13J Club Member Noz's Avatar
    Feedback
    101 (100%)
    The white line on the small black diodes should be on the bulb side of the wires. Is that how you've got the direction configured mate.

Connect just the normal braking circuit and make sure the typical operation works as required. Take a photo of the wiring.

Just test it works on single wire before adding the fog 12v switch.

Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Hi Scooter, as Noz mentioned above look at the lines on the black diodes that would be my first guess.

Regarding the telltale, mine is in the switch itself and I have only used three wires. One to the PCB for the drivers side rear then and live and earth from the front.

Photos of the install would be great too

Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Cheers guys, I think I need to get you pics.

I will check the directions. At the moment I have the second pcb on the passenger side wired in to brake line only (brake light works fine like this now) as whatever I link up to the other connections, I lose the brake light whether via the brake pedal of fog light.

Electrics are 100% not my strong point!!
    Number 8 ...........doing my best to keep
    Number 9 ........been and gone!
    Number 10 ........on its way