The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heated Windscreen

Noz

Hi everyone, looking to buy a heated windscreen. Has anyone fitted one to a non-heated car before. I know I need a bigger relay for the current.

Are heated windscreens a real benefit? I know mine steams up so I'm hoping it will helpful having one. Not that the icey days will be used much of course.

I never knew it was an option for a supra! Was it a factory option? That is one thing I would never buy a daily driver without now I have them.

I'm sure it's an option with Facelift Supra. Maybe an uncommon one, but as Corrupt mentions, Whifbitz sell them. I need a new one, and always wanted a non chipped/marked windscreen. They aren't as cheap, but then you'd expect that really with heating element.

I'm sure it's an option with Facelift Supra. Maybe an uncommon one, but as Corrupt mentions, Whifbitz sell them. I need a new one, and always wanted a non chipped/marked windscreen. They aren't as cheap, but then you'd expect that really with heating element.

Mine is a facelift but not aware of front heated screen being an option, I always thought it was an aftermarket thing.

I'm sure others with more knowledge of the model options will be along to advise.

I have one fitted to mine, supplied and fitted by Garage Whifbitz, definitely a benefit and if changing your windscreen then makes a nice upgrade :)

Out of interest what is the operating mechanism for switching on? Just a standalone switch off a 12v circuit?

Needs to be a 20amp relay I believe. Speaking to Paul Whif he said its a huge current load.

I'm having one collected in next week or so. Got a friend driving up. Whifbitz deliver but as they say,it's pretty risky and at own cost. I'd prefer to collect. Bristol isn't far from where I'm too either.

Surprised it's not an Oem option though.

Needs to be a 20amp relay I believe. Speaking to Paul Whif he said its a huge current load.

I'm having one collected in next week or so. Got a friend driving up. Whifbitz deliver but as they say,it's pretty risky and at own cost. I'd prefer to collect. Bristol isn't far from where I'm too either.

Surprised it's not an Oem option though.

Let us know how you get on Noz. My windscreen is scratched to buggary so was thinking of replacing at some point but didn't realise there was a heated one out there. The heated windscreens are the only good thing about Fords;):sly:

Let us know how you get on Noz. My windscreen is scratched to buggary so was thinking of replacing at some point but didn't realise there was a heated one out there. The heated windscreens are the only good thing about Fords;):sly:

Will keep you posted on it mate. Can always pop down Plymouth at some point when it's all fitted for a cheeky look. Hoping to be back fully on the road in August.

Will keep you posted on it mate. Can always pop down Plymouth at some point when it's all fitted for a cheeky look. Hoping to be back fully on the road in August.

Cheers mate that would be good. Best of luck getting it on the road for August