The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM V1 - Windows tablet?

Thomas.B

Hi!

So im tired of all the gauges in the pillar and the lambda measure in the vent so I was thinking of mounting a windows tablet (guess they have windows 10) and then get the readings from AEM directly to the screen instead.

Would'nt be an issue, or am I wrong? Thinking I must be able to choose what readings show on startup and then just have the program on autostart?

I use sata - usb adapter today, this would also work I guess?

Just making sure so I don't buy something stupid :)

Thanks!

Yes it would be possible, but some things worth thinking about.

AEM software from memory only supports x86 Windows, so you would need a full on x86 based Windows tablet, nothing ARM based.

AEM v1 is serial so you will need either a tablet that supports serial or a serial to bluetooth / wifi adapter, then you have to figure out how to get that working with the windows tablet and the AEM software, possibly through some virtual serial software that can map a serial from the AEM software to the wireless interface.

Wez, thanks for the input! I have sourced a Asus T100TA , windows 32bit i think, is that a problem? I am using the serial to usb on my old laptop today and that works fine, shouldn't be an issue here either?

EDIT: Just recalled 32bit is x86 so thats a none issue :)

Sadly I don't write, i lift stuff haha

The software developer at work should be able to fix it but I'd need to give him all info needed. Do you have more info here?

But primary is just to get this going and working OK so I can get all fan vents back and OEM pillar cover as it is annoying me like hell right now :)

Edited by Thomas.B (see edit history)

From a quick search the Asus T100TA is basically a 32bit Intel ATOM based laptop with detachable keyboard, you should be able to install any normal Windows 32bit software on it including the AEM suite, it wont be the quickest machine but should be fine for monitoring the ECU.

From memory, its been a while since I used the AEM software, it had a monitor app / function that let you setup a dash like screen, you could use that and build a layout however you want and have it auto launch.

Correct, a USB to serial should work fine :thumbs:

Thanks again!

I have only found that AEM sell their own monitor? Do you know where I could find the app? I was thinking of setting the AEM in autostart and autoconnect to ecu if possible then just have a template saved with what to show at startup?

If there is an app so it can look a little better that would be great :)

cheers!