The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 NA-TT BPU Manual - £14,000

Fitz

Hi All,

I've decided the time has come to put my Supra up for sale. It really doesn't get the usage it deserves and just sits on my driveway 99% of the year (last year I racked up a whopping 1,304 miles). Plus, with me starting a new job at the beginning of April it will be getting even less usage so should really go to someone who can enjoy it. It has also just passed its MOT again which now expires on 31st March 2020.

This car came into the UK in 2007 from Japan as a non turbo automatic and was completely standard. I bought it in October 2008 and have owned it for the last 10 years.

The car has gone on quite a transformation in that time in that now it is a Twin Turbo 5 speed manual with a few nice additions. Most of the work on this car has been carried out by a member on here (TheTurtleshead) and has had occasional work done at SRD.

The paint work on this car is its biggest flaw and it would really benefit from a full respray as it is currently 2 shades of silver (you'll see what I mean). I had the roof, rear quarters, rear bumper, rear hatch and wing mirrors sprayed in June 2016 by Darnley Auto Works which also included a new rear windscreen seal added in. Bare in mind this car is almost 25 years old now so it has the odd chip here and there so if you're expecting perfection you will be disappointed. The biggest blemish is on the front bumper by the drivers headlight where the paint has come away completely (see picture).

Exterior:

• Brand new Facelift front lights (just fitted)
  • Facelift indicators
  • Clear Side Repeaters
  • Facelift rear lights
  • RMM Polyurethene front lip
  • 18" Work Meister S1 3pc Alloys - Front 9.5J ET37 - Rear 10.5J ET37
  • UK Spec Brakes all round - Could do with new front pads and discs as front discs are slightly warped
  • HKS Ti Exhaust with double decat
  • BC Racing Coilover Suspension

Interior:

• Alcantara/Cloth Recaro Speed seats from a Honda Integra
  • Custom Metal Monkey Supra Dials (10k Tach, 200mph speedo)
  • GReddy Profec B-spec II Boost Controller
  • eBay Jobbie 5 speed 'TRD Style' gear knob
  • New Supra etched floor mats
  • Black Carpet
  • Black headlining
  • AEM failsafe gauge
  • Brand new Nardi Classic steering wheel with perforated leather and red stitching
  • New Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB Double din head unit with Apple car play.

Transmission:

R154 gearbox from a MK3 Supra, supplied by Garage-D. The box was stripped down, inspected, cleaned and resealed by Julian at Garage-D, it also had a steel Marlin Crawler 1st gear thrust washer installed as these boxes had issues with popping out of 1st gear.

It currently has a short shifter kit on it so the throw is very firm. Please note this transmission is probably over 30 years old so isn't like the smooth modern transmissions you might be used to/expect.

The Clutch is a Spec Stage 2+ which was installed with the gearbox conversion (about 3 months ago) and has probably covered about 300 miles in that time.

The differential is an A02B LSD which came with the engine below.

Engine:

The Twin Turbo Engine went into the car in January 2014 and was purchased from Keron at Extreme Performance and had a multitude of seals/pipes all changed (including front and rear main seals). At the time of the conversion the car had 124,706km on the clock and the TT Engine cam from a car that had covered 69,000 miles (so the engine has covered around 12,000 miles less than the car).

It has;

FMIC kit

ITG Air filter

New High Amp Alternator

New Mishimoto Radiator

New Thermostat

New Water Pump

New Crank Pulley

Bad point: The car has either a blockage in the heater matrix or a small leak as the heaters only blow luke warm air. I have bought a new heater matrix, which I will include with the sale.

There is probably lots of stuff I have missed so feel free to ask me any questions.

The Odometer is showing 147,658km and the price I'm asking is £14,000 which I think is reasonable:)

You'd usually know if the heater matrix is leaking as there would normally be a smell of anti-freeze usually accompanied by wet carpets and lots of condensation inside on the glass on cold mornings. If you haven't got any of those happening then it could be a blockage. There is an old thread on here how to tackle a blocked matrix that could help you out.. Replacing a matrix is a major job so if you can fix your heating issue with a flush and descale then you probably just got yourself a lot closer to the asking price.

You'd usually know if the heater matrix is leaking as there would normally be a smell of anti-freeze usually accompanied by wet carpets and lots of condensation inside on the glass on cold mornings. If you haven't got any of those happening then it could be a blockage. There is an old thread on here how to tackle a blocked matrix that could help you out.. Replacing a matrix is a major job so if you can fix your heating issue with a flush and descale then you probably just got yourself a lot closer to the asking price.

Thanks for the advice. I have none of those symptoms you described so could just be a simple blockage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.