The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What year is our Supra? 99/00/01

suprakitten

Hello! A little confused so excuse me, we are unsure what to officially call our Supra when listing it, it is a Japanese import, DVLA has it registered as a 1999, however according to its VIN and on the Supra Registry, it was manufactured in 2000 and first sold in 2001, so what is it really? And is it possible to update the DVLA?

Screenshot_20190317_190122.jpg

Screenshot_20190317_190145_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks in advance!

The DVLA make errors and also on imports you need to fill out the year of manufacture on the import documents. So, often the DVLA just enter whats on the form, which is why if you look at the how many left site there are some Supras registered as manufactured post 2001. You should be happy to go with the earlier date as it means the car will be eligible to be road tax exempt in 2039 if its still around then.

The DVLA registration date is usually the year it comes in to the country and not the actual year of manufacture. The VIN is what i would go with for when it was actually made and the the supra registry is usually pretty spot on

It's an S reg though which limits my choice for custom plate choices, no? It was imported in 2009 it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

What is your frame number? It's on the VIN plate.

Yup using the # that's how I found it on the Registry, whivh says 2000/01

It's an S reg though which limits my choice for custom plate choices, no? It was imported in 2009 it looks like.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup using the # that's how I found it on the Registry, whivh says 2000/01

If you want to post it up I can tell you an exact date.

E2A

Like this - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?352464-Hi-to-all-i-am-form-Leicester-(originally-from-Poland)&p=4291353&viewfull=1#post4291353

The DVLA registration date is usually the year it comes in to the country and not the actual year of manufacture. The VIN is what i would go with for when it was actually made and the the supra registry is usually pretty spot on

But not 100%, found a few inaccuracies but for the most part it is quite accurate.

Does it make a difference if it is registered as a 99 instead of 00, except for wanting a T reg plate? Haha

Not that I do, just in case there is a difference. Not planning to sell on and even so, it seems checking the chassis # against the many registers shows the real age.