The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Broadband speed

Dnk

They guaranteed me 50 mbps download if i upgraded, they gave me the new router and nothing but problems, losing

connection, slow speeds as low as 6 mbps, 2 engineers from Openreach been out, changed my connection

at the exchange no better, another has been out and changed the connection where it comes into the house

now im getting 40 mbps, the engineers doubt i'll ever get 50, if i sat on top of the exchange maybe

Log into the router Dunc, see what speed its synced at, ip will be 192.168.1.254 admin password is on the back of the router. If your synced at 42 that's what you'll get. If its 78 then exchange is busy or your in house conn is slow.

excuse my ignorance but im getting a few options to do this when i put that in the search bar

Nope in the address bar, the one at the top, which usually ends up with the http://Http://, type exactly as is. If your getting 42 ish when the ethernet is plugged in then there's not an awful lot you can do, except upon renewal drop to standard unlimited fibre which is max 40. This will be cheaper and suits you as your line at the moment isn't capable of a faster sync speed.

Ethernet cable plugged back in and the same, 42.6 mb

BT just texted me and said they have done their checks and everything is fine !!!!!!! lmao, i sent one back saying no it isn't as you have failed to supply me 50 mb which they guaranteed i'd get so i want out of the 18 month contract or a few months free or upgrade me for free

Yeah as I said you shouldn't be on super fast fibre if they cannot provide. If they use the default no stance to reduce the price, then complain to https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9591&c=BT%20Group-Chief%20Executive

Has worked well in the past for me, the CEO complaints team rings you rather than the generic computer says no dept. Send a bulleted email, keep it brief, no story, mention ofcom, and the agreed speed etc.

Cheers for all the info guys, BT are a joke, i just contacted them again as they'd not got

back to me, they'd ticked the job off saying its all good, i politely told them no it isn't, they

now come back to me minutes later and say there is a fault and need to send out yet another

engineer, number 3 !!!!

What a joke

• 2 weeks later...

It could if you use one as a bridge a distance from the first one increasing your wifi coverage but the better solution would be to use a TP-Link AV600 to do the same job and use your electrical ring as the connection.

This is assuming you are looking to extend your wireless coverage.

It could if you use one as a bridge a distance from the first one increasing your wifi coverage but the better solution would be to use a TP-Link AV600 to do the same job and use your electrical ring as the connection.

This is assuming you are looking to extend your wireless coverage.

Thanks for that info, i'll look into the TP-LINK

Its just i have a new Router spare and thought that might be a free easy way to increase the wifi in the house

Other than connect the two routers together and power up the second is there anything

i need to do ?

I was given a long ethernet cable which reaches from my office upstairs down

into the lounge. I just need to clip the lead to the skirting if it works

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

connecting 2 routers together is quite a task, youll also have different wireless networks between upstairs and downstairs.

Make sure it's connect tot he internet port on the one upstairs and a normal LAN downstairs