The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EMU - SARD 650cc hot start issue, solutions?

Shaleskin

Morning all!

Been using the EMB since I bought the Supra 3 or so years ago with no issues, mapped myself when I went single turbo. Wanting to go with bigger injectors (currently 650cc SARD's) in the near future I've purchased the EMU (has jumper 21 on the board so is one of the later revisions?) and what I've come to find is if I leave the I/J scaling as before: 440 after: 440 it'll start hot and cold with no issues but have to pull fuel to be around the -50's that it leaves no room for adjustment further up the table. If I try before: 440 after: 650 it'll start cold no problems, drive really nicely but cannot for any reason start when it's been warmed up, hot start.

I've read alot of people have suffered with the hot start with these and did see on this forum someone mentioned they'd added 20% into the airflow table at 500rpm column, I've added and removed fuel in both airflow and injector tables to no avail, doesn't sputter or give a sign it's trying to catch and just turns over continuosly.

I did at one point add in the lag times which was (off the top of my head) 0.9 for standard and 1.5 for the SARD's but this just made the car run silly rich and was ending up pulling so much fuel from the tables that I didn't have much head room for adjustment later on. They're now both set as blank.

What have you adjusted/set in the EMU (don't suggest throwing it away ;) ) to get around the hot start issue? JDM Single turbo, 650cc SARD with greddy 4 bar map sensor and AEM wideband.

TIA

Throw it away, buy my AEM ;) They are old skool now.

Correct impedance injectors? I lost an engine many years back out to an EMU injector driver fault so could be that too

Haha, was looking into the AEM but never had confirmation from the people I asked if it would work with an auto.

I'm sure the injectors are the correct impedance but will double check :)

Some of the larger sidefeed injectors have been reported to show hot start issues regardless of what ECU they are running on. Might be worth getting some bosch style top feed instead.

I have started looking at top feed injectors, just need to look at what else needs to be done other than purchasing a fuel rail and FPR.

Just puzzled as I had it starting happily on the EMB when hot or cold but so far with the EMU it seems to be an art to get it working with some of the information scattered around the web :taped: