The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi stall torque converter/uprated auto box

2jzjay

Hi, after a recent trip to a quarter mile event.....I've realised my precision bb t67 single is just not cutting it with my standard torque converter!! So slow of the line!

So, would like to try a hi stall and possible even a uprated auto box (still not got the budget for v161)

Looking like a 3800 will be perfect for my setup.

Does anyone have a used titan or boost logic available or coming up?

Next drag event is in may so would like to have one before then.

I realise daily driving is going to be poor, but I don't use the car a great deal and think it's something I could get used to.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Daily driving in the car I sold recently was superb. It had a 500 hp single, new titan stage 2 auto box and titan 3800 hi stall.. drove beautifully around town, was like a rapier off the line! The key is in the tranny fluid cooling with a hi stall setup and I had 3 trans coolers which kept it all at optimum levels with a mocal stat.

I think the new owner of the car will be selling them soon as he always planned to do a manual conversion and has a v160 etc. If you want me to ask him let me know and I could put you in touch. The titan box is awesome

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.