The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying cars

Dnk

I do so love looking for my next second hand car

Dodgy traders false advertising what the car has extras wise, the next one the mot history

looks very dodgy regarding mileage

Another had no idea it failed an mot due to rear suspension damage and cracked rear subframe !!

dismissed it as its hpi clear so not a problem, i asked him could he check if the frames been

replaced or welded up, was going to call me back but hasn't

I had a look around a used car supermarket near me yesterday they were all tarted up rubbish and they were pretty new��

Last one i looked at the car looked very good but in 51000 miles it had only 1 recorded service

Another listed as amazing spec every option etc etc, when i asked it didn't have the most important

bit which was the AMG drivers pack lol

Something that’s always bothered me is the massive amount of cars with dodgey mots. I don’t blame people doing it for emissions reasons as most of us on here are doing but. It looking through a cars history to see that it failed for massive amounts of corrosion was passed with flying colours the next day is suspicious. Especially when someone is selling s car for less than what the welding would cost.

I drove my daughter 20 miles to Peterborough to see a car she had seen advertised as good condition and had spoken to the seller who said it was in good all round condition and the 3 photos in the ad, front and both sides suggested it was. Sadly it looked like a bus had rear ended it when we got there and presume thats why there wasn't a rear view photo. The bloke selling it reckoned it was such an easy fix he didnt think it was worth mentioning....wtf.

Next one we went to view by appointment some hour away and the seller called us when we were about ten minutes away to tell us he had to go out and could we come the next day, er no.

It wasn't third time lucky either as the seller said he was going out at 10am so we would have to be there before then, we turned up at 0930 and he had already pissed off, lucky that was local though.

But, after about 7 motors I was glad we held out as we got a bargain that was better than all the others and below her budget, it pays to be picky when buying.

It just amazed me how many people advertise their cars but don't make any effort and spout BS.