The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Switzerland

Alonso

Hello everyone

After using your forum for a very long time, i decided to support and join the community. I prefer the old school community forums way more than modern Facebook/WhatsApp groups and chats.

My name is Michael, 39 years old and located in Berne, Switzerland.I have a degree in electronics, but working as a data scientist today. I like to to some "hands on" work an my cars or my hose when i'm away from the office.

Since my childhood, i was fascinated from pop-up headlights. As result, my first personal car was a T18 Celica in 1999. After some other cars, i bought a pair of MK3's Supras in 2006 and got integrated into our local Supra community real quick. After some other MK3's, i take advantage of the opportunity to buy a MK4 from a friend in 2013. (This was a major point on my personal bucket list ;) )

I'm still in love with this car - and i still have a MK3 from previous days.

The MK4 is a (German) EU-Spec LHD TT Targa in 199 silver, and looks like this:

26429301274_d543b2f52f_k.jpgIMG_0210.jpgIMG_1622.jpgInternationales-Supra-meet-Switzerland-2014-2.jpgASpoiler.jpgKlima.jpgSitzheizung.small.jpg

Back in 2014, i had a very bad start into the supra season. A bloody metallic object from a unknown source went into my 6th cylinder and has damaged the engine after after driving for the first 3 days in that year:

7fca17e727eba0fecaf35d415b45176d.jpg2e1ed501ae1b949f2507afa0133e6354.jpg145e86ef08525e127eb6f1536063167d.jpg

After the first days of frustration, i decided to rebuild the engine from scratch. I bought a "cheap" brand new shortblock, did fully rebuild the head, replaced tons of parts/gaskets and got finally ready beginning of 2016:

IMG_0023.jpgIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0024.jpgIMG_0130.jpgIMG_0067.jpg

Mod list:

• Work XD9 wheels
  • K-Sport suspension
  • EBC brake disks and pads
  • Fully custom exhaust (street legal)
  • BPU'd
  • Zeitronix Wideband/EGT/Boost/Oitemp monitoring
  • Full dash LED conversation
  • Activle spoiler with modified ecu for manual operation
  • HKS SSQV
  • HKS hardpipe kit for SMIC (painted in black)
  • Focal hifi system with pioneer double din headunit
  • Various facelift parts
  • Torque converter with 3200 stall

Plans for this winter:

• Brake rebuild
  • Facelift headlights
  • Adding a modified OEM subwoofer
  • Upgrading the tranny cooler
  • Refurbishing various small parts

Here we go - happy to be part of this community :)

And sorry for my english skills - my mother-tongue is Swiss-german