The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on Intercooler n/a t conversion

rg500

Can anyone help me with figuring out what diameter intercooler / Intercooler pipe I should get I was going to go with 3” but didn’t know if that would be too big or should I go with a 2.5” I’m going to be running a Borg Warner S360 T4 0.88.

3" won't clear the oil feed to the turbo if you're using the Whifbitz kit. Best to step down to 2.5" out of the throttle body and either run that for the whole lot, or run 3" from the intercooler to the turbo. I run 3" all the way but had to oval out the pipe that runs over the turbo.

Use a 2.5" out the turbo and as soon as possible, jump to 3" pipework.

Order a 3" universal kit and then adjust as Style mentions above for the throttle body and oil feed.

I have done a few intercooler comparisons using sensors before and after the intercooler, there isn't much data on it. Most eBay intercoolers will run a sub 400hp setup without any heat issues. I had over 70 degrees leaving my turbo, with low 20's coming out of the intercooler, so unless you're running mega HP just use a basic setup.