Jaguar F Type

Dnk

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just found this review on autotrader :blink: i know there's good and bad and you only ever hear the bad but !!

F-type 3.0l V6S cabriolet.

Soft top doesn't fit, air con replaced twice, rear view mirror fell off, door and roof rubbers replace 3 times, drivers door card replaced, 10 visits to find vibrations in the speakers, 4K spent to get the paint work up to standard, 4 new alloys, cable trunking in the boot not fitted correctly, windows squeak when going up, active exhaust failed twice, ECU remapped as it lost its marbles, cruise control switches its self on and various rattles from all over the car, also noise dampening foam installed in the doors. I have driven 1500m in this car, 800 of which we're taking it back to the dealer.

Jaguar are a nightmare to deal with and don't really care, they have your money.

Dealer incompetent . So to sum up I am another customer off to the local Porsche garage to trade in this pile of junk for something better.

I will never buy a jaguar again.

FFS have these comps forgot or never new how to build a decent car ?

Whats the later SL350 AMG's like 2013/14 ?

The Merc isn't anywhere near as good to drive as the Jag, but will last quite a lot longer. How about a Z4 as a halfway house between the two? I'm imagining you're ignoring the best car in the class - the Boxster - for some reason?

The Merc isn't anywhere near as good to drive as the Jag, but will last quite a lot longer. How about a Z4 as a halfway house between the two? I'm imagining you're ignoring the best car in the class - the Boxster - for some reason?

The Boxster doesn't do it for me visually, i do like the Z4 and drove a 35is DCT and it did go very well but find myself

keep looking at SL's then the Jag

I think the Aston would be nice but insurance and running costs inc initial cost for a much older

car makes it sadly a non starter, as much as i love the look

£32,000 is the cheapest i can find for an 07 with 58,000 miles, £800 fully comp ins for me :(

I doubt i'd see much more than 10 mpg out of it either with my heavy right foot, if i sold my

classic RRC i'd probably consider one though and sod the cost, you only live once theme in mind

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Budget?

Lets go wide on the budget, say £10k to £50K, what would people go for :)

I am still driving around the LS430 that I picked up cheap with the help of LeeP, was purchased to pull the engine out but have just carried on using it, it is such a nice drive, quiet and effortless.

Lets go wide on the budget, say £10k to £50K, what would people go for :)

I am still driving around the LS430 that I picked up cheap with the help of LeeP, was purchased to pull the engine out but have just carried on using it, it is such a nice drive, quiet and effortless.

If I had £50k I'd be looking at a Maserati Granturismo. Before anyone says it, I KNOW it's going to break your heart and your wallet, but since I've been doing this job, nothing else has made me fizz quite like that thing for the money. It's magic.

Then I'd consider a manual R8.

Closer to £10k, I'm not sure I'd go for a V8 at all... but maybe a Merc or BMW of some description.