The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2JZ stock TT set-up on a GE

Stock.supra.98

Hey everyone, so I've got a 2JZ GE and like most I want to go turbo.

I've tried looking but couldn't find anything so I'm now reaching out to you all, but if there is anything can you please point me in the right direction.

The most obvious options are of 2:

1) NA-T

2) Engine swap for GTE.

But my question to everyone is:

- If I got a TT stock setup and stuck it on a GE would it work?

- What kind of BHP would it be on a GE?

- And what major issues would I face?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance!!

DO NOT SELL your old motor sump. As Aristo engines use front sump setup. Few guys on our local group made the same mistake and some were saved. GTE exhaust and inlet design are not same so you unfortunately cannot mix the parts. You can try to get the manifold on the GTE twins modified and weld a different plate that will adapt to the GE head design. It should run better than a stock GTE I feel if it is tuned correctly and has bigger injectors as the compression ratio is higher. I would recommend you change the head gasket for a GTE one when doing this. Best would be to go turbo route on n/a motor build.

With the GTE manifold on a GE motor, it may cost you alot in getting it to work then having gone turbo route build from the on set but I don't know better.

Rather go for a drive in a GTE powered car and see. Maybe its slow for you. Then it would be better for you to just turbo your current engine. Maybe you like the std GTE power and can live with it till funds are available and you blue in the face and decide to go single turbo route later on.

To answer your first question, if I understood it correctly, you can't bolt a TT setup to an NA engine as the manifold patterns are different on both sides of the engine. You're 2 options are to carry out a full TT engine swap or NA-T as you've thought about :)