The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air Con cleaning

Dnk

Anyone used these cannister bombs to purify your AC system vents

Seems to be lots on the market with huge price differences, i'd like one that

actually kills the bugs in there rather than just smells nice

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-PMA-150ml-Car-Air-Con-Conditioning-Cleaner-Purifier-Cleaning-Valet-Bomb/282888229528?hash=item41dd73d298:g:fNsAAOSwVHdarONm:rk:12:pf:0

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I used one in my old XC60 that had a mouldy cabin filter from all the moisture trapped in it (leaking windscreen poor bonding, known issue)

I think I used a Wurth one, improved the smell and easy to use, not sure on bugs deaths though? Looking at your link those look like spray in/on cans? I one I had was like a smoke grenades, you get the car up and running and pop the system on recirculate and playing SAS 'fire in the hole' 'frag out etc' pop the seal and throw it in, shut the door and let it do it's thing.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1049448

Some good info there, the Wurth thing with a tube sounds interesting (mine was just a grenade/canister thing no tube)

I think you need this initially then a bomb/grenade of your choice of smell after?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wurth-089376410-Air-Conditioning-A-C-Disinfectant-Spray-Cleaner-300-mL/253935636790?epid=1810868701&hash=item3b1fbe5136:g:hu4AAOSwxSZbxRjN:rk:13:pf:0

ive used quite a few over the years , all smell nice after its done whether it kills anything I doubt it tbh , I only ever use them if the interior is minging of fags or pets , and then it only masks the smell , and I tell the customer that ,it kind of gets to where I cant.

also it says on most of the tins not to get it on the plastics or headlining , impossible , when you let it off from the passenger foot well it shoots a mist straight up , every one ive used after the 20 mins or so I get in there shsrpish and wipe the interior down

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)