The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another coolant leak thread...under intake manifold TT Auto car

kgctim

looking for some ideas on where to start without physically pulling the intake manifold off to troubleshoot. I rebuilt my rear brakes and took the car out for a spirited drive about 5 miles total probably and felt GREAT. got home and noticed a little steam, it's cold here so I wasnt super concerned until I saw coolant dripping from under the intake manidfold somewhere.

I did some searches on the forum and saw that the NA has a coolant line that goes to the oil filter housing, I know MOST cars have a couple of coolant lines that run in between the upper/lower intake manifold. I planned to pull the intake mani at some point to clean everything and replace some hoses, but now i HAVE to.... Anyone have some ideas on where to start looking? its literally UNDER the central part of the manifold.

I wanted to rebuild/re-ring the injector system while I have it apart. anyone have a digram or pictures of the coolant lines under the intake manifold and is there a way to replace the lines without taking it all off? like from under the car perhaps? looking for a quick fix to get me by for a while...LOL its COLD outside

I bet those hoses are rock hard too... I too think its best to suck it up and pull the manifold apart anyway to clean up the engine and make sure everything else is up to par. Thanks for the input gents!

anyone have a good set of pic or a diagram of the intake manifold hosing and such?

I bet those hoses are rock hard too... I too think its best to suck it up and pull the manifold apart anyway to clean up the engine and make sure everything else is up to par. Thanks for the input gents!

anyone have a good set of pic or a diagram of the intake manifold hosing and such?

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/jp/1995/supra/jza80-alfqz/4_291130_004_/tool-engine-fuel/1603_radiator-water-outlet