The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bond widebody to the rear quater fenders

jza800

I am building a widebody supra, and I am now around Bond the fenders to the body, i habe used 2k glue to fit it on the car, and now Are around the bonding process, what is the right way so it does not crack With time. Are polyester bonding enough eller does i have to use fiberglass Bondo first before i use polyester Bondo??

Now at last it is.

Whatever you use it will crack, the different expansion/contraction of the different materials will make sure of that.

The most important thing is to strip back to bare metal before bonding on the "fenders", the type of filler you finish it off with won't make much if any difference.

it is very clear. have put widebody fenders on the car, with 2k glue, fenders to stock rear quarter panel and i am now around to filler/bondo it to the rest on the rear fenders ?? what do i use so it dont crack with time???

I have had my rear bumper and skirts blended about 8 years ago.. been on track and all sorts and never had one crack ..

Bodyshop I used was a company called Xquisite based in Leatherhead .. might be worth sending a email to them but can’t guarantee they would help if there not doing anything to the car themselves