The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Arm Bushes

griffsplace

I am refurbishing my rear end and having dropped the subframe and undone the nuts and the camber bolts through the arms are seized on solid.

I have cut off the first one and pressed out the bush.

Is this the whole bush or do they have a metal outer sleeve that I need to cur out of the arm housing, the surface inside is not very smooth at all.

IMAG1964.jpg

May as well replace with new if you can still get the arms. If you just replace the bushes with poly, which isn't cheap if you buy decent ones, you'll still be relying on your old ball joint. The arms if still available probably won't be for much longer so it's a now or never for replacing these parts with OE.

As far as I know , I got the last of the rear lower arms , sitting on a dusty shelf in UAE

Out of all the arms , these where the most difficult to source

TCB are still listing the genuine arms on their website.

Its just a nearly £400 bill i could do without until the ball joints are goosed, and then i wont have any choice. It would be lovely to renew the lot, but some guys are spending what i paid for the whole car on new suspension arms and front/rear subframe rebuilds.

The car is just my fun thing, cant afford to go Superpro, so was just going to replace all my arm & diff bushings with Strongflex poly bushes.