The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mines ECU - Manual 2JZ-GE

Sooty

Mines ECU for a manual 2JZ-GE

This is a plug and play ECU upgrade for NA manual cars made by Mines. I found this made a significant improvement to both response and acceleration on my car. The ECU removes the factory speed limiter, increases the rev limit to 8200rpm (though I have never taken it this high - only to around 8000rpm) and the map increases the peak power to around 240bhp with supporting mods (i.e. air filter, decat and aftermarket exhaust). The previous owner carried out dyno power runs with this and a stock ecu to compare the two and from memory it increased the power and torque output by around 5-10% over a significant portion of the rev range and removed the dip caused from the ACIS butterfly valve opening at around 5000rpm.

The ECU is in fully working condition with the warranty sticker intact - removed from my car last weekend. I have had this on my car for the last 3 years and it has worked flawlessly. I am installing a turbo so I no longer need this.

I am looking for £350 for it excluding postage - I can post this however collection from the Bristol area would be preferred.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Will this work on my auto-manual conversion? I haven't replaced the loom

The following link shows the differences between the wiring of an auto and manual 2JZ GE ECU (the blue text is for the auto functions). I am not 100% sure if the pins for the auto only terminals are present on the manual ecu's but to be honest it would be easy to just depin these terminals from the loom connector if you haven't already done so. Pins 76 and 77 should be connected together which it looks like this must be done as part of the conversion anyway? I would therefore be reasonably confident that it would work.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/41678224/2JZ-GE%20JZA80%20Supra%20Engine%20Wiring

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.