The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd Catalytic Converter Value?

Aiden93

Hey guys,

I was moving some old parts around and found a 2nd catalytic converter given to me by the previous owner. I was just wondering what the value of these are now a days? As I've seen a few posts of people after them but nothing on the average value of them now.

Thanks in advance

No I am told that’s how a facelift one is as standard!

The one I was given last year wasn’t and it came straight of a newly imported freshly decatted vvt-i tiptronic. I could’t see Toyota removing the cat in the midpipe and adding vvt-i to the engine.

I’m going to check again but I can’t remember seeing anything mentioned in terms of a revision in any of the paperwork I have. None of my Japanese Toyota tech manuals show anything either.

Mine is November ‘97.

There is small cat in 2nd long cat pipe, I can't see younger cars haven less cats emissions be through the roof, supra won't pass mot/nct emissions without one of the cats in, the 1st cat is for start up so make sure your car is roasting going for test or won't pass idle, 2nd cat is for under load from memory around 2.5k rpm. 2nd cat brings co down and hc under 200ppm.