The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying Greddy e-Manage blue

Supra_cooper2

As far as I know you will need a stand-alone for doing coil on plug

I have an ultimate for sale complete with map sensor which is a GReddy plug in

Also can come with engine loom professionally wired in etc have a look in the for sale section see if it takes your fancy

The ultimate is significantly better than the blue and been perfect on my NA/T

Only things you really need with any emanage is a wiring harness, map sensor and usb cable

Be worth getting a separate boost controller too on top of any other gauges that might tickle your pickle

The Blue is the entry level and the ultimate was the top spec. You would put you money to better use buying a more modern “basic” ECU or looking for a secondhand standalone. The link ECUs have been used buy some on here recently with great results.

AEM FIC - http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/electronics/ecu-upgrades/aem-2515.html

Link G4+ - http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/electronics/ecu-upgrades/link-g4-supra-link.html

No comparison really but the AEM would be a more modern version of the GReddy with access to more mappers. I don’t know of anyone who touches the GReddy ECUs anymore.

Which mapper have you chosen?

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Links added. (see edit history)

The Blue is the entry level and the ultimate was the top spec. You would put you money to better use buying a more modern “basic” ECU or looking for a secondhand standalone. The link ECUs have been used buy some on here recently with great results.

AEM FIC - http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/electronics/ecu-upgrades/aem-2515.html

Link G4+ - http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/toyota/supra/electronics/ecu-upgrades/link-g4-supra-link.html

No comparison really but the AEM would be a more modern version of the GReddy with access to more mappers. I don’t know of anyone who touches the GReddy ECUs anymore.

Which mapper have you chosen?

Hey thanks for the reply I was just looking for something cheap to get me a turbo on the car for now and was going to have a look at standalone later on.

I haven't found a mapper yet as I'm still doing my shopping list

Hey thanks for the reply I was just looking for something cheap to get me a turbo on the car for now and was going to have a look at standalone later on.

I haven't found a mapper yet as I'm still doing my shopping list

Then take a fools advice and find a mapper before you buy an ECU, not the other way round. If you want cheap then pick up the AEM as it’s a more modern unit when compared to the GReddy.

Personally I think cheap and turbo engine is a recipe for disaster.

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/greddy-e-manage-blue-or-go-for-ultimate-limited-mods.72562/

The difference between the blue and ultimate is vast in terms of what can be done with it.. there is shed loads of info online but its very capable for the price

the EMU is probably the best piggyback out there.. gave me a safe and reliable 450bhp which drove lovely and smooth too

It’s a shame it wears the emanage badge as it does not show how good it is and gets confused with the blue imo

Mine was tuned by Greg at protuner who did an excellent job

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)

I ain't gonna buy a load of crap I'm going of recomendations of someone that has a lot of years experience with supraspinatus after they have worked on them for over 10 years.

So what makes the aem one Better other than the fact it's newer

I didn’t say you were, chill dude :hug:

The FIC is unquestionably better than the Blue and is just below the Ultimate in terms of features. It has everything out of the box a turbo engine could want for the price. It includes more modern software and has a regular USB cable connection.

You can store two maps on the FIC, one for low boost and one for high boost. Each map is 21X17 on the AEM compared to 17x17 on the GReddy.

On top of the above the AEM has a larger base of mappers. This means you can do some research and choose the best person for the job and more importantly, aftercare/support if there are any issues afterwards.

Go with the GReddy and you are limiting your pool of mappers straight off the bat.

You need to look for mappers who regularly map cars like yours and see what results they produce. You want to talk to the mappers, discuss your requirements and make sure you are happy that they won’t blow your engine up.

Don’t just take their word for it either. Speak to the guys that have had their cars mapped and see if they are happy with the time frame in which the job was completed and the end results. I don’t just mean the rolling road printout, I mean the package as a whole.

No point having a 600RWHP car if the only way they can get that result is by giving the engine too much air and not enough fuel or a rich mixture causing it to run hot.

My advice is do your research, choose your mapper (hopefully one with lots of experience and who is well known within the community) and go with the ECU they say would be best for your application and budget.

At the end of the day this is your car, your money and your choice. I hope this helps.

PS

I’m not too sure years of experience with Supraspinatus is a benefit in this case :)