Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F1 2019 Thread

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Ferrari scratching their heads! Besides Verstappen being close looks rather drab. The design changes appear to have not made a blind bit of difference for overtaking purposes. Hopefully just the Australian track dynamics at play....

Posting is my life! Club Member T2 MSW's Avatar
    Feedback
    43 (100%)
    You stated its the same old story!

Race looked the complete opposite, yes I agree Merc were way out front but a Honda had genuine pace and challenged a Ferrari and the battle in the mid field is seriously close. So its not the same story at all!

Drive safely kids Club Member bignum's Avatar
    Feedback
    79 (100%)
    Should change thread title to, " F1 moaning and arguing and bitching thread" seriously if you hate f1 that much why bother watching it.
    Track attack
    "If in doubt, flat out",Colin Mcrae, 1968-2007 RIP
    93 jspec 6spd single, Heavy right foot
    Supra vs Radical SR3 @ THE RING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqOG0V7-Yk
    2018 Nurburgring LAP 7min18 BTG FASTEST SUPRA- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NosG...zn3clbk0h00410

What search button? Club Member formatzero's Avatar
    Feedback
    Wonder what Daniel thought of Max's result.Good to see Honda manage to finish the race for a change.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member Annabella's Avatar
    Feedback
    Oops sorry forgot on this forum opinions aren't allowed. Was there not a major design change to enable easier overtaking trumpeted by Ross Brawn? I thought it was a fairly boring race. A positive was Max. Although he only passed Vettel because the Ferrari was in trouble at that point and 2 seconds a lap slower. Max was clearly faster than Lewis but couldn't pass him with tyres 10 laps younger. It doesn't bode well unfortunately.

Work... what work? Club Member markylee's Avatar
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Oops sorry forgot on this forum opinions aren't allowed. Was there not a major design change to enable easier overtaking trumpeted by Ross Brawn? I thought it was a fairly boring race. A positive was Max. Although he only passed Vettel because the Ferrari was in trouble at that point and 2 seconds a lap slower. Max was clearly faster than Lewis but couldn't pass him with tyres 10 laps younger. It doesn't bode well unfortunately.
    In my opinion it was the nature of the track(street circuit) that contributed most to the lack of overtaking, more overtaking than last year ,and the cars seemed to me to be following each other more closely in the mid pack , I personally believe the new aero package is working and will show its true colours in the next race.

Me? Post? Never! Club Member mattdavies's Avatar
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    I think the writing is on the wall in regards to the speed differential between Vettel and Leclerc, Pre-season Ferrari state they will be putting Vettel first and then this race he was told to not challenge Vettel. I think Vettel will not be able to challenge for the title this year as he will be too busy focusing on how quick his team mate is. Yes Leclerc is in-experienced and will make silly mistakes like he did in Australia but I think he will push Vettel all the way and be nipping at his heels.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the writing is on the wall in regards to the speed differential between Vettel and Leclerc, Pre-season Ferrari state they will be putting Vettel first and then this race he was told to not challenge Vettel. I think Vettel will not be able to challenge for the title this year as he will be too busy focusing on how quick his team mate is. Yes Leclerc is in-experienced and will make silly mistakes like he did in Australia but I think he will push Vettel all the way and be nipping at his heels.
    1995 Silver BPU Auto - 1/4 Mile in 12.9secs @ 110mph

I'm part of the furniture Club Member Dnk's Avatar
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    The track definitely doesn't aid overtaking so we'll have to wait and see how the wing changes
    have affected this.

The grid might have closed up but other than that its the same story, Merc out in front with Ferrari and Red Bull
    next up and the rest fighting for what ever's left, the mid pack order might change around a bit but thats about
    it

Definitely good news the Honda has pace and finished the race
    Dunk

Posting is my life! Club Member T2 MSW's Avatar
    Feedback
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bignum View Post
    Should change thread title to, " F1 moaning and arguing and bitching thread" seriously if you hate f1 that much why bother watching it.
    Because of a lack of anything else to moan about

Drive safely kids Club Member bignum's Avatar
    Feedback
    79 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2 MSW View Post
    Because of a lack of anything else to moan about
    Track attack
    "If in doubt, flat out",Colin Mcrae, 1968-2007 RIP
    93 jspec 6spd single, Heavy right foot
    Supra vs Radical SR3 @ THE RING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGqOG0V7-Yk
    2018 Nurburgring LAP 7min18 BTG FASTEST SUPRA- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NosG...zn3clbk0h00410

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123