The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1 2019 Thread

johnny g

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well looks like the same old story Merc fastest, Ferrari next up and Williams looking dire and a mile off

the pace

What on earth were RB doing

Did you actually watch Quali????? Yes Merc were way out front but from 3rd to 10th there was 1.6 seconds which is the closest its been for years. There were so many cars vying for the top 10 shoot out it was very close throughout.

Lando, Leclerc, Raikenon and both Haas were mega and I'm looking forward to how close it looks like it will be this season.

Merc have ben sandbagging right from the start of testing and never showed their hand.

You stated its the same old story!

Race looked the complete opposite, yes I agree Merc were way out front but a Honda had genuine pace and challenged a Ferrari and the battle in the mid field is seriously close. So its not the same story at all!

Oops sorry forgot on this forum opinions aren't allowed. Was there not a major design change to enable easier overtaking trumpeted by Ross Brawn? I thought it was a fairly boring race. A positive was Max. Although he only passed Vettel because the Ferrari was in trouble at that point and 2 seconds a lap slower. Max was clearly faster than Lewis but couldn't pass him with tyres 10 laps younger. It doesn't bode well unfortunately.

Oops sorry forgot on this forum opinions aren't allowed. Was there not a major design change to enable easier overtaking trumpeted by Ross Brawn? I thought it was a fairly boring race. A positive was Max. Although he only passed Vettel because the Ferrari was in trouble at that point and 2 seconds a lap slower. Max was clearly faster than Lewis but couldn't pass him with tyres 10 laps younger. It doesn't bode well unfortunately.

In my opinion it was the nature of the track(street circuit) that contributed most to the lack of overtaking, more overtaking than last year ,and the cars seemed to me to be following each other more closely in the mid pack , I personally believe the new aero package is working and will show its true colours in the next race.

I think the writing is on the wall in regards to the speed differential between Vettel and Leclerc, Pre-season Ferrari state they will be putting Vettel first and then this race he was told to not challenge Vettel. I think Vettel will not be able to challenge for the title this year as he will be too busy focusing on how quick his team mate is. Yes Leclerc is in-experienced and will make silly mistakes like he did in Australia but I think he will push Vettel all the way and be nipping at his heels.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the writing is on the wall in regards to the speed differential between Vettel and Leclerc, Pre-season Ferrari state they will be putting Vettel first and then this race he was told to not challenge Vettel. I think Vettel will not be able to challenge for the title this year as he will be too busy focusing on how quick his team mate is. Yes Leclerc is in-experienced and will make silly mistakes like he did in Australia but I think he will push Vettel all the way and be nipping at his heels.

The track definitely doesn't aid overtaking so we'll have to wait and see how the wing changes

have affected this.

The grid might have closed up but other than that its the same story, Merc out in front with Ferrari and Red Bull

next up and the rest fighting for what ever's left, the mid pack order might change around a bit but thats about

it

Definitely good news the Honda has pace and finished the race

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the qualifying session yesterday but I can soon see LEC becoming the Ferrari golden boy. VET looks to be on the back burner while poor old Dan is looking a bit gloomy at best. He may be the star which Renault needs to improve.

It's just a shame that Channel 4 lost the live feed coverage as I liked it when it was free:innocent:

• 1 month later...