The mkiv Supra Owners Club

YouTube video on my car

bayside_supra

Are you sure they aren't wearing unevenly? Warping would suggest excessive heat.

When were your brakes rebuilt?

Are all your wheels correctly balanced and in good condition?

Are the hubs and wheel flanges running true and in good condition?

All wheel bolts and studs in good condition?

All installed correctly?

Tightened uniformly in the correct order and to the recommended torque specification?

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Are you cooling a hot disc rapidly, washing the car?

The uk brakes held the world record for the shortest stopping distance of a production car, until the Porsche Carrera GT in 2002

Your car will not pull up in a shorter distance no matter what brake setup you get, you are at the limit of coefficient of Friction, better tyres would only help

The big brake kits, just allow better pedal feel and longevity is increased before brake fade kicks in

Thanks for the advice guys.

Frank I thought the answer was yes to all those questions. But now I’m thinking perhaps the brakes need a bit of an overhaul.

Are we under the general consensus that I’m wasting my money on a big brake kit unless I spend £5k or more on Brembos or APs?

/QUOTE]

In a word, yes. Get your rebuild parts from CW - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?326212-Stainless-caliper-piston-and-caliper-seal-kits-for-sale

Ive built my own ap front brake package using btcc hardware, it worked out less than 2.5k , i`m still on uk rears with no bias issues that i can feel, then i bought 10 sets of discs and pads @ the right price so im sorted for a few years.

That’s not so bad, wanted to do the full set though. I might overhaul the uk brakes. Not sure yet....

Depends if you want some serious stopping power, problem with uk`s is there`s no decent pads available now, performance friction were epic but they stopped making them for our cars.

Just saw your llf video and noticed Ricky’s reaction to your brakes. Definitely worth considering AP Racing. If I decide to go that route I might ask you for some more advice. Think your brakes get a bit more abuse than mine though [emoji23]

I hear you on the pads for uk brakes, I found the disc selection to be limited too. That’s why I just went oem but they clearly aren’t up to the job...