The mkiv Supra Owners Club

unorthodox track car :)

dr_jekyll

Its been a long time since i had a car as a hobby but the itch to get back on trackdays is too strong so i broke the bank a bought what could be the ultimate race car... £200 worh of mercedes c200k.

Ill post some pics and vids as i go. and no doubt ill be looking for some knowledge when i find sticking points.

In the time iv been away from the forum id like to point out that my spelling and grammar have in no way improved.

its an auto.ill be retro fitting some flappy paddles into it and adding a fair bit of trans cooling.. its just going to be some cheap fun. although i am sizing up a small turbo into charger compound setup... maybe.

I was thinking of taking it on a day as bone stock to see how much faster i can make it without spending a fortune.

It would be nice to have another mkiv track car but the prices these days make it not viable for me e.g. its a bit of an expensive classic now days to be parking it in a tyre wall. and i dont go on a track without pushing my luck,

good to know the old girl is still going dan ;)

picture of the "scnitzel" attached

49199481_950647161799818_6277856772036231168_n.jpg

ill do something fancy with the body just for fun, wont be staying like that.

as it stands its completely OEM.

2.0 4cylinder approx 160bhp

5 speed auto

a smidge under 1600kgs

195/65/15s all around

single piston calipers front and back on vented steel discs

not sure on spring rates but ill go with super bounce spec

0-60 eventually

Can the SC be updated instead of Turboing?

yes i can over spin it and get the car upto 200 ish bhp but its not the most efficient way you get a bit of drop off up high and they make alot of heat. i was thinking of a simple compound setup just because its something ive never done and it should offer a huge power band. but that will be way down the line. power is in no way my priority. i was never a good enough driver to get the most out of my supra. ill only upthe power when ive got it handling as good as it can for what it is and if im out driving the car ;)

yes i can over spin it and get the car upto 200 ish bhp but its not the most efficient way you get a bit of drop off up high and they make alot of heat. i was thinking of a simple compound setup just because its something ive never done and it should offer a huge power band. but that will be way down the line. power is in no way my priority. i was never a good enough driver to get the most out of my supra. ill only upthe power when ive got it handling as good as it can for what it is and if im out driving the car ;)

Will that involve some serious weight reductions ?