The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bronze Stock Uk wheels

Supra-love

If you want silver mate there’s paint for that. Colour not a issue really. I would suggest a fresh paint anyway

Colour not an issue if your taking £300 off the sale price. It is an issue if you want upwards of 600 plus paint.

Are they “good condition” or “suggest fresh paint” ?

What are the tyre brands and their age?

Is there an ad coming soon with proper details and a price?

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

If you want silver mate there’s paint for that. Colour not a issue really. I would suggest a fresh paint anyway

Then £600 for alloys that could do with a refurb is mad money, assuming that you are wanting £600 for them? Or more?

Probably not want you want to hear (though you did ask) but stock 17s needing a refurb are in the £300-350 price range.

I’ve paid about that (350) for ones really needing a refurb and then sold refurbed later for £550 in close as possible stock colour (which I regret, needed the space at the time) and the good old search button has examples of clean “advertised” for 550 but that’s not necessarily the agreed sale price

if they don’t need a refurb and it is just about a non OEM colour then I would plump just under £500.

Edited by Spunkmeyer (see edit history)

I agree, it's a little harsh to say chancer really when everything has gone up so much, if any of us sell our whole cars for more than we paid are we chancers? I have loads of bits that I paid old prices for, I suspect if I sold them at break even or a small increase, someone will only buy and sell on at current market a make a quick buck?

I don't like the price appreciation of everything 'Supra' but we are where we are and sellers are sort of setting the limits or certainly not pitching low! Let's face it if no one wanted stock 17's then there wouldn't be any chit chat, they want them (ok generally not in bronze), £250 seems the min price, so factor in a refurb and some used tyres and you are at his price, just need to be ok with the colour.....

I recon a OEM original fit set of wheels on a pristine stock car will be worth at least £2k on the asking price of a car in a few years time as most got binned and that means (once the wheels are discontinued) most Supras wont have access to a set of stock wheels. That's a problem as the wheels are a big visual part of the stock look that historical auto investors strive for. If they don't get £600 now its only a matter of time till they do and with Supra parts inflation that's not going to take too long at all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=230269&stc=1&d=1545336476

I thought I would just see what I paid for my 17” oem wheels nearly exactly a year ago from eBay, 95% perfect and with Toyo tyres.... £310.

The bronze does look good, but as others have said. The price of £650 is a little steep considering they are not the oem colour and they also could do with a refurb. That’s more than double what I paid for some a year ago in the correct colour, in basically perfect condition and with decent tyres. Also I had a bidding war for them and they were still less than half the price of yours.

Fair play if you manage to get £650 for them, but I personally think you should look at other sold oem wheels to get a better idea on a price or keep them for a few more years when they will easily be £650 worth. Either way, good luck with your sale and they do look pretty special in the bronze :)

1ACA00AF-0EDA-43DD-B39F-C21E83A51572.jpeg

• 1 month later...