The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is this rusty part in my boot lid...

jackso11

a pointer on what it is will be what its connected too . is it not the heated window module .

on another point how do you know its working correctly if you don't know what it is or does ?

I do know what it does, it contols the heated window (as I said in the first post :) ) but i don't know what it is called to search for the part, and neither so Toyota. I know it works because my heated screen works. Heated window module doesn't seem to help Toyota or parts diagrams. Any ideas on its name?

- - - Updated - - -

There looks to be a part number under the bolt - uncover that and do a search and that might identify what it was originally intended for.

There is a number under the bolt but unfortunately not a Toyota part number

Well done! I looked at that image as well and didn't identify it (doh!). I thought at first it it was the smaller image labelled amplifier and then found photos of it and it looks nothing like the what I have.

Well done! I looked at that image as well and didn't identify it (doh!). I thought at first it it was the smaller image labelled amplifier and then found photos of it and it looks nothing like the what I have.

Unfortunately discontinued as expected. anyone got a rust free one they want to sell to me? :)