The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mrs. May is just not greeting the EU hierarchy correctly

Chris Wilson

I saw this the other day, not that i needed anymore convincing we need to get out completely

but this kind of talk seals the deal for me.

Why anyone wants to remain is beyond me

I'm with you guys - the sooner we leave the better.

I have a hunch that we'll be getting out just in time, prior to the EU going tits-up.

I saw this the other day, not that i needed anymore convincing we need to get out completely

That's only one MEP. He's saying things I don't agree with and which make me uncomfortable, but it's not enough reason for me to want to leave. Does anyone know how the debate ended, or what the other contributors said?

That's only one MEP. He's saying things I don't agree with and which make me uncomfortable, but it's not enough reason for me to want to leave. Does anyone know how the debate ended, or what the other contributors said?

The EU wanting to control our borders, immigration along with writing & controlling our laws and complete control over our armed forces is reason enough to want to leave.

That just shows this particular EU member to be the megalomaniac we all know he is.

Daft old git!

And as for Tony Blair now poking his nose in....does he (and anyone else who may listen or be influenced by him) not remember that he was vastly unpopular towards the end of his time in office and in the eyes of many was a war criminal.

All this nonsense about "the peoples vote" winds me up too, I thought we already had one of them, think he means a losers vote.

Macron, Merkel, Juncker, Verhofstat, Tusk and others all recently on record statung their desire for a true EU army. We were told this was "a lie... a conspiracy... a dangerous fantasy" by the leaders of the remain campaign, and now only 2 years on the most powerful people in Europe are trying to make it happen.

This alone should be enough to put anyone off remaining in. An unaccountable military force, controlled by the unelected EU Commission (a military force cannot be contolled by a parliament after all), this is incredibly dangerous.

While I agree that leaving is a good idea from a democratic standpoint, I do wish we had a stronger and more competent leader at this time. Mrs May was originally a remainer and it seems like she's reluctant to do the job properly and is dragging her heels in the hopes that brexit won't happen.

While I agree that leaving is a good idea from a democratic standpoint, I do wish we had a stronger and more competent leader at this time. Mrs May was originally a remainer and it seems like she's reluctant to do the job properly and is dragging her heels in the hopes that brexit won't happen.

I agree, IMO we should now be preparing to leave without a deal in place and let them come to us instead of running off to Brussels every day begging for concessions. They have made their position clear so lets deal with it.

Agreed. At the time she seemed like a reasonable compromise, but has repeatedly lied, called a general election at the worst moment possible, and despite saying "no deal is better than a bad deal", has consistenly proved to be afraid of a proper Brexit.

In hindsight, we would have been better leaving on WTO rules, while discussing a trade deal. The Northern Ireland issue has been weaponised by people who couldnt care less about Ireland, as a method of keeping us in.

Although that's a few years old, if the unthinkable happens and we have a second referendum, it should be shown on a regular basis throughout any campaign just so no-one can say they didn't realise.

In hindsight, we would have been better leaving on WTO rules

What i have found frustrating is surely they could put some figures together to show how good or bad WTO is. But then i wouldnt trust the figures that came out of the establishment after their warning of 500k job loses and snap budget to punish us.

I want out before we have to bail out another failing country, thank God we didnt adopt the euro

On top of the Europe/Brexit fiasco I think people need to look into the UN Global Migration Pact which will make it ILLEGAL for citizens and media outlets to criticise mass migration. The U.N. also wants to treat migration as a human right.

Just let that sink in for a second...

The UN is set to criminalise speech that criticises migration so the criticism of migration will become a criminal offense and media outlets that give room for criticism of migration can be shut down.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

On top of the Europe/Brexit fiasco I think people need to look into the UN Global Migration Pact which will make it ILLEGAL for citizens and media outlets to criticise mass migration. The U.N. also wants to treat migration as a human right.

Just let that sink in for a second...

The UN is set to criminalise speech that criticises migration so the criticism of migration will become a criminal offense and media outlets that give room for criticism of migration can be shut down.

I think the planet is really on a downward trend with all this stupidity

Oh and just to point out I did I’m fact mention all of these issues, especially with an EU army, on this forum years ago but was chastised for it....

Edited by JasonR24 (see edit history)

I keep trying to not listen to the negatives that are constantly emitted in various media outlets. From Mark Carney wannabe politician, again allowed to try and influence this non democratic process, remember his 'there will be a recession if we vote to leave' since then stable growth. Again he's allowed to spout the same bull about if we leave without a deal, particularly in his position at the BOE. At the other end Jeremy Vine giving lip sync to some leftist feminist pleading for another vote, comparing leaving the EU to your iPhone triple checking you really want to wipe it!! That was her basis for another vote.

In effect now there have already been 3 votes for leaving, 1, to vote Cameron's government in with the referendum in their manifesto, 2, the referendum itself, 3, May's misguided snap general election and being voted back in power with the only party seemingly willing to deliver Brexit (although her browbeaten negotiated deal is a bad one). Sick of hearing about the 'peoples' vote. There has been three!!!