The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japfest 2019 - BOOKING CLOSED

CorruptSapphire

Convoy meeting details

meeting at NN12 6TQ it's a Macdonald's/BP garage

Meeting there at 07:00, leave 07:15 convoy into Silverstone

--------------------

Map has been published and he have a good spot arena 10 just behind trade stands

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rsbce44jxlu95w/FB_IMG_1556195414254.jpg?dl= 1

Update

Hi All,

Thank you for having patience with me. I am going to rebuild this thread. I am going to start by including the email conversation that I have had with Kelsey Media in regards to the club stand location, which will hopefully put some minds at ease & then get on with the details on how to book tickets.

Email Chain

Hi Jessica

I am writing to you in regards to the MKIV Supra Owners club stand for Japfest at Silvertsone.

After this year where the club was placed at the back of the grandstand, many of the members feel that there really wasn’t enough done to make visitors aware that there was more clubs behind the stands. I know that we spoke about the reasons for this, so no need to go over that again.

However I know for a fact that many of the members are now concerned that this will be a recurring theme for us and as such will not even be willing to show interest let alone attend whilst there is a possibility that we will end up on the border of Silverstone. Which truly is a shame, the MKIV Supra Owners club as we saw from this year were able to mass the largest number of MKIV Supra’s in the country. Given how few are on the road really is an achievement.

What I would like to know is can we have a guarantee that this will not be a repeat next year? I have members that would travel several hundred miles if they know that the club stand will be in a good place. If I am concerned about stand placement as the clubs organizer, I am really going to be able to give confidence to the other members to commit time & money in bringing large numbers of Supra’s to Japfest.

I hope you understand my concerns and you are in a position to be able to secure us a plot inside the circuit?

I truly value the effort and work that you did for me this. I hope that we can continue to work together to achieve our request?

Many Thanks

Domonic

Hi Domonic,

Thanks so much for getting in touch.

Of course I totally understand where you are coming from. We are trying to grow the event as best as possible and unfortunately in doing this, it can take some time for people to learn the event is the whole way round the circuit.

I would love to guarantee that your place will be on the inner circuit but unfortunately due to having so many clubs to fit in and to ensure that it is fair we work on a first come, first serve basis. The earlier you book as a club, the more likely you are to have a good spot.

Of course I can request this for you, which will be taken into consideration when we are plotting the stands. Would you like me to go ahead and do this?

We really do hope that you can attend in 2019 as we know your club worked so hard to get a gathering of Supra’s together for 2018.

I hope you have a lovely festive season.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

Hi Jessica

Yes please if you could that would be fantastic, hopefully we will get something inside the circuit

Many thanks for your ongoing support on this.

Hope you have a lovely festive break

Many Thanks

Domonic

Hi Domonic,

Of course, no problem at all. That is now on our request list.

I really do hope to see you all in 2019, if you have any questions before Japfest please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you, and yourself.

Kind Regards,

Jessica

Hopefully this will mean that we are going to get something decent & not stuck out in the bumblef*ck regions of the circuit.

Right here are the details

Japfest 2018

Sunday 5th May

Silverstone Circuit

Site for booking is: Book Club Tickets

You will need to select "MKIV Supra Owners Club" from the drop down. For the password please send me a PM & I will send you the password.

Ticket Delivery Details

Details & Prices.

This year it is going to be a limited edition cap & guide over the hoodies / t-shirts. So when you select your ticket you will get the choice to add them

Camping Add On - For those that want to stay the night before

Vehicle Details

Feature Add On

After that just follow the details through the other screens.

I really do hope that people will not be put off after what happened last year & make it another great turn out.

I will update this post with a list of those that are interested & those that have paid. So please can you reply again if you are interested as I don't want to miss anyone off.

Interested

• CorruptSapphire
  • Cross
  • Markssupra
  • Chris1992
  • Jcbt

Paid List

Guys sorry this is names over screen names as there is now a mix of those on the forum & those from Facebook. Overall we have 19 cars booked on, which is good going & hopefully secure us a something decent in regards to where we will be placed. Well I bloody hope so!!

Update
  • Andrew King
  • Corren Smith
  • Danny Watt
  • Domonic Conway-Lee
  • Gary England
  • Jamaine Jacobs
  • Jeremy Denn
  • John Bailey
  • Lewis Bithell
  • Little Liam
  • Luke Plant
  • Mark Cattle
  • Matt Littler
  • Michael Clift
  • Nathan Hooper
  • Nikolas Koukis
  • Sam Cross
  • Shane Matson
  • Zak Jones

I believe that Ric is trying to get a ticket transferred to him, once I know that has been done I will update that. For those that have not yet sent me their mobile number please PM me as I need to add you to the WhatsApp group chat, I know some of us have already started talking about the convoys, I don't want people to get left out.

I would love for us to all roll in together, so any ideas on a central meeting place, I know that there is a travel lodge / BP garage only a few miles from Silverstone, so let me know

Many Thanks

Dom

Edited by CorruptSapphire
Convoy details (see edit history)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always enjoy attending japfest every year and up for it again next year. I’m the same though and if we get given a location like last year which is right out the way of the main event area I will probably give it a miss.
Yeah, hopefully my email will be enough to put something up the organisers backsides and give us a simple location

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...