The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ferlex's first supra build *Repost* (lots of pics)

Ferlex

Reposting due to the fail yesterday where the forum was changing the pictures on the post I made to some random ones.

Hey guys this is my first proper post on the forums and just wanted to start it off with a little build thread/introduction. After 4 long months of searching for a TT6 supra I finally found a factory TT6 and even better it was purchased from a forum member. When I purchased the car I didn't really know what direction I wanted to take the car in terms of performance, and I still don't (Big hp street car/ drag / drift / show car). But even before that the first thing I did was to get it serviced when I got it back home. So I took it to Hidden Performance and had them inspect the car. Engine and gearbox were more than perfect as I expected. We got to the underside of the car and it wasn't in the best of shapes, its kind of what you expect for a 23 year old car I can't complain too much and the price I bought the car at was pretty reasonable for this condition, Obviously now It will be looked after much more. Anyways Mike at Hidden Performance talked me through the process and everything that needed to be done on the car (I will try and list everything below), I always insisted that I only wanted the best job/best materials done for the car and I don't think he could of done a better job to be honest, I am super pleased with the results. ENJOY!

48269168_317574055760003_9184124432430399488_n.jpg

47686461_2204019786287499_5620804415872040960_n.jpg

i25062.jpg

Edited by Ferlex (see edit history)

So before getting into the exiting bits, im going to try my best and list the things that were done to the car.

- Aquablasting Arms/Heat Shields/Driveshafts/Front Subframe

- Sandblasting & Powdercoating Rear Subframe/Fuel Tank Cover/Anti Rollbars/FrontSteel Subframe

- Aquablasting Gearbox & Diff

- Full underside strip down

- Removal of all underseal from car. Back to bare metal where needed.

- Rust grinded and treated both on outside and inside of chassis frames

- New seam sealer over all seams

- Epoxy Layers followed by Dinitrol Shutz

- Underside components reused where possible, restored either by hand or powder coating

- New polybushes

- Bolts zinc coated or replaced with new

- Brake lines restored and new clips

Engine and Subframes removed ( 2JZ go kart :D )

Underside components dissembled

Brake line pre refurb

Some components coming back from the aquablasting

Underside bolts blasted and zinc coated

Hubs grinded and rust treated

Components being primed and powedercoated after the aquablasting

Edited by Ferlex (see edit history)

After everything was stripped down, the next step was to add rust treatment spray. You apply and once the chemical has worked its magic it turns blue (about a 24HR wait)

All the seams were sealed

Car was covered and ready for epoxy and the underseal

5 layers of epoxy later

3 layers of underseal later

Just to clarify guys, I was not the one who did this on my car, I wish I had the skills and space to do something like this. Ive had a few people message me about this and Hidden Performance did all this to my car I wrote it in the first post.

Moving on to the assembly now, the previous owner polybushed most of the car so I decided to just finish it all off.

Rear subframe + Diff

Front subframe

Heat shields

Brake lines

Wheels finally back on :D

Yes I have my car back and everything is almost perfect theres still a few adjustments I would like done to the steering and handling but that will taken care of when I next go down to them. Funny enough I saw that post a few days after i brung my car to Hidden Performance and I put me off a bit but I persevered and decided to carry out the work because the way Mike was explaining it to me it really sounded like he knew what he was doing, obviously he knew what he was doing and did an amazing job. I think when you had your car being done the company itself where going through problems and I think they previously had 2 owners and they split up so obviously that must have affected your build and other peoples builds along the way. I dont know what to tell you to be honest Mike himself was always communicating with me and sending me updates as the car went along sending pictures and videos explaining the process.

Yes I have my car back and everything is almost perfect theres still a few adjustments I would like done to the steering and handling but that will taken care of when I next go down to them. Funny enough I saw that post a few days after i brung my car to Hidden Performance and I put me off a bit but I persevered and decided to carry out the work because the way Mike was explaining it to me it really sounded like he knew what he was doing, obviously he knew what he was doing and did an amazing job. I think when you had your car being done the company itself where going through problems and I think they previously had 2 owners and they split up so obviously that must have affected your build and other peoples builds along the way. I dont know what to tell you to be honest Mike himself was always communicating with me and sending me updates as the car went along sending pictures and videos explaining the process.

Honestly i am glad you are happy. Mike did some work on my car the last time it went back and his communications were very good.

My post was never meant to put people off from using them. It is just to state the facts and to show what i have been going/still going through over the last 11 months.

Funny you should mention steering and handling adjustments as Hidden told me they could not do mine and i would have to have it sorted elsewhere?

Honestly i am glad you are happy. Mike did some work on my car the last time it went back and his communications were very good.

My post was never meant to put people off from using them. It is just to state the facts and to show what i have been going/still going through over the last 11 months.

Funny you should mention steering and handling adjustments as Hidden told me they could not do mine and i would have to have it sorted elsewhere?

The alignment wasn't done by Hidden performance, Mike takes the car elsewhere to get it sorted.