The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New discs fitted

Dave

They look good don’t they. I fitted mine too. Won’t get a chance to run them in till next year . Let me know how they are plz

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2018/12/95.jpg

/QUOTE]

Thats surely a UK disk on a JSPEC caliper or something else is asmiss ? they should not look like that??? the caliper is usually right upto the hub, yours pads arent covering half the disk there.

I had same trouble on my Jspec Pagid discs for the front. The gap in your picture does look bigger though to the hub as Ric says (highlighted rectangle area in picture).

I sent mine back as they were missing the grove (arrow in picture) and ordered Brembo's instead.

brake disc.JPG

Thats surely a UK disk on a JSPEC caliper or something else is asmiss ? they should not look like that??? the caliper is usually right upto the hub, yours pads arent covering half the disk there.

if they were the wrong size disc surely there would be a fittment problem .it looks like the caliper is too small but it all fits

The OE discs have a machined or grooved casting area between the hub part of the disc and the pad swept area. These are un-machined all the way from the outer edge to where the hub part of the casting starts. Saves machining costs, probably makes the disc fit (sort of) other vehicles. Adds weight, looks odd. Commonplace as cars get older and demand drops for a totally OE spec disc, manufacturers of cheap discs look to cut costs and make a more generic product.